Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finally pulled the trigger a few questions

Reaction score
Finally bought the I1 not had it off the ground as yet just been on the simulator.

Just a few questions
1 where do I find the mod values in the go app?
2 after flying the simulator for 20 minutes, I removed the camera which seemed to be very hot is this normal?

Any other tips before I get the I1 off the ground would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Test out your return to home functions...will save u from panicking when u lose comms. I don't like safe return home myself

After the simulator, make sure you set beginner mode for your first few flights (30m dist/30 m height) and find a nice open field or park clear of trees and people. The I1 is easy to fly but it is very easy to become over confident. See how the wind affects turns and stopping. Enjoy!

Reactions: Busch
After the simulator, make sure you set beginner mode for your first few flights (30m dist/30 m height) and find a nice open field or park clear of trees and people. The I1 is easy to fly but it is very easy to become over confident. See how the wind affects turns and stopping. Enjoy!

I'm not a fan of beginner mode simply because you can't drop out of GPS and go into ATTI mode should you have an issue with your GPS. Good Luck!!

Many thanks for your replies, I have updated the firmware on the craft, rc and battery's.

Also done a IMU calibration mod values look ok, just waiting on the winds to ease off and get out for the madden flight!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Have you ever flown a multi before?
the best advice I can give is to learn how to fly on another platform if you havent.........
somethign like a WL toys v262,,, that will get you about 10 hours of flight before the motors burn out, but shoudl be enough to learn to fly. plus they crash quite well unlike the inspire and they dont have altitude hold or GPS. so the inspire will be a breeze after.

Have you ever flown a multi before?
the best advice I can give is to learn how to fly on another platform if you havent.........
somethign like a WL toys v262,,, that will get you about 10 hours of flight before the motors burn out, but shoudl be enough to learn to fly. plus they crash quite well unlike the inspire and they dont have altitude hold or GPS. so the inspire will be a breeze after.

Yes had the phantom 2 and the vision+ so plenty of hours with these machines, but looking at the I1 it's in a different league!

You'll be fine then , just learn to fly without GPS if you havent already and learn the process of switching to ATTI.
make sure your mod values are good before takeoff, make sure your channels are clean, battery of ok, and enjoy.

Another question with regards to the home point, will the I1 get its home point prior to take off?

How do you set the dynamic home point when it's in the air?

Another question with regards to the home point, will the I1 get its home point prior to take off?

How do you set the dynamic home point when it's in the air?
The Home Point (HP) is set at the point you start the motors. You set the Dynamic HP is set through the GO app using the RC GPS receiver. This relies on the front panel (by antenna) having a clear view of the sky so may need to be lifted up.

The Home Point (HP) is set at the point you start the motors. You set the Dynamic HP is set through the GO app using the RC GPS receiver. This relies on the front panel (by antenna) having a clear view of the sky so may need to be lifted up.

Many thanks will make sure antenna is lifted, can you tell me where in the GO app you set the dynamic HP if I need it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44