Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finger hovering over the 'Buy' button.

Just remember forums are are good and bad place. If you need help someone will help you. If you read a lot of horror stories it can put you off but not all inspires will suffer all the problems/bugs. I've not flown mine yet but powered it up with the camera and had a play. It's not for a beginner so hold off if you have never had a quad before. Get a vision and work up to an inspire. The quality control is abit to be desired, chip on my transmitter and a scratch across my case, I will be looking at getting them replaced when they have had there holidays. The inspire looks very well made.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
The pulses are normal Gray. Think of it as the motors tightening up the props a little more.
Make sure all the updates are done, calibrate the IMU, go out into a clear field, calibrate the GPS...and FLY DAMMIT!
...but keep it close and relatively low until you're comfortable with it :)

Thanks for the tips, calibrate gps? I know about the imu. I loved my phantom and I'm looking forward to getting this in the air soon, it's raining again!

Thanks for the tips, calibrate gps? I know about the imu. I loved my phantom and I'm looking forward to getting this in the air soon, it's raining again!
If you open the app on your tablet, and click on the "Camera" on the bottom left, you'll see a "Mode" button on the top left of your screen. Press that and you'll get a MC Settings screen. The Calibrate Compass selection is in there. You just make sure you have an area free of electrical disturbances and such and it will kind you in doing the drone hokey pokey.
It's VERY important you do this at each new flight sight.

Raining...HAH! Last week it was -50c. I'll take rain any day of the week over it being too cold to snow...lol...

I couldnt be happier with my Inspire because of the dual remote, choreographing camera moves between the pilot and cam op is so much fun. It also fits a nice gap between the 1,000 phantom and a 10,000 octocopter.

I ended up with two Inspires if someone is looking for one. Brand new in box, x2 brand new t48 batteries, and an extra controller.

vin@seventh.tv

Have been hovering over the buy Button a while and my local distributor called today that they had filled there back orders and and had stock available. My birthday of all days. So 7k later, got my paws on one. 3,500 for the inspire, 3,500 to the wife to make it happen.

love mine. 8 Flights out no major issues at all. Some Compass erorrs pop up but then fix them selves. No vibration issues for me, 4k could be better i dont find the 4k cam really a great 4k cam, havent used 1080p 60 yet, that will be my go to as 4k is really over rated right now anyways, youtube suks at streaming i, the net cant handle it yet . and most people cant view 4k yet anyway so not a major issue with me. Flown 2 flights with 2nd user doing cam control that was new from a phantom user for me and was a litle strange not having cam control (Cuse was letting him) but when needed i hit the (i think c1 button) it recenter for fpv mode and all good. Havent got full distance with it yet need to find a large area to test. Most of my area has to much interference in the cell and wifi. But got out about 600m away from me and then video and RC got Choppy, and actually needed to activate RTH. but the little devil flew home and as it got closer cam and rc kicked in and single press RTH to take control. got it up to 21m/s Flight or 75 KMH (45 Miles/h) with a little head wind. and the cam control is buttery smooth compared to phantom.

But i do like my phantom 2 W/gopro 3+b and lightbridge 1 setup with monitor. if you are not ready for Inspire yet i recommend this setup. Digital link over analogue ANYDAy for me.

Last edited:
The torque going into the central axis is a lot to ask of some cheap carbon and plastic fittings.

Cheap CARBON and plastic fittings? All of my stuff seems pretty robust. I have seen a few of these take some hits with zero damage to the center of the unit. I think the proof is in all of the quads that slammed into something. Arms almost always hit first and rarely break anything with those motors.

Well after starting this post a few days ago, my finger has since hit the buy button and I picked my Inspire 1 up today from Heliguys in Newcastle UK.
Have'nt flown it yet, just charged up the battery and remote. First impressions out of the box are that it seems a quality piece of kit, but there again at that price it should be !
Going to get really used to it for a few months then go on a 5 day CAA course with Heliguys and get my commercial ticket.
BTW, when I do the IMU calibration, what figures am I looking for to check normal.

Reactions: Highrpm955
If you are using the iOS there is a pretty nice simulator to get some stick time in during this winter weather.

Congratulations on your purchase. How did you get it past the Misses?

If you are using the iOS there is a pretty nice simulator to get some stick time in during this winter weather.

Congratulations on your purchase. How did you get it past the Misses?

She doesn't know yet, I'll have to butter her up this weekend !

I was considering whiting out the price on the invoice , typing in a lower price and then photocopying it. The trouble is I've already been in trouble for not being straight with her, if she finds out I'll get nailed to the floor by my balls :eek::eek:. I think I'll just have to come clean !

She doesn't know yet, I'll have to butter her up this weekend !

I was considering whiting out the price on the invoice , typing in a lower price and then photocopying it. The trouble is I've already been in trouble for not being straight with her, if she finds out I'll get nailed to the floor by my balls :eek::eek:. I think I'll just have to come clean !

@Mossie .....

Come on man. Step it up and pull the trigger.

Hey operators. ..
I have some information about buying an inspire 1 from All e RC. .
first I'd like to say the guys seem pretty cool there and they have all the goodies like parts and batteries and stuff..
I have to inform you about their return policies and business practices..
they have a two week return policy, but they don't honor it..
if you buy an inspire, like I did, and you have a problem they are going to refer you to dji LA. .
they told me dji la would handle all the issues and if needed a replacement. .
after having problems getting my unit into dji la I called all e rc and told them I was having problems and asked for help..they said they would try and get a hold of them and would let me know..
Long story short they never got back to me and I called again and left word to call me back..two days later they call my lady and tell here the same thing.
meanwhile it's taken two weeks to get it checked in ..
haven't heard a word from either dji la or all e rc..
So I cannot indorse or recommend doing business with them !!
If you do and you have a problem you're on your own and there's nothing you can do unless you bought through Amazon.com. .
I bought direct because they sponsor the forums and other operators spoke highly of them..
here's the deal if you want a good place to buy dji products from I would suggest copter shop at this time if you don't go through Amazon.com. .
I bought a battery from them and the are super high tech and have all the goodies too.
most importantly a 30 DAY money back or exchange! !
But not if you crash..
Im guessing if you use a screen recoding app or device and have proff you'll be in good hands..they did not say this ,but I believe they will stand behind their products unlike All e RC. .
this is a great hobby and more for some..
happy flying turbodronepilot. ..

they have a two week return policy, but they don't honor it..
if you buy an inspire, like I did, and you have a problem they are going to refer you to dji LA.
A "return policy" does not cover a repair.

The return policy covers the "I don't want it anymore" case.
The "it has a problem and I want it fixed" case is different, and yes for that it has to go through DJI direct whoever the seller is.

So your case had nothing to do with the return policy. For that you'd have had to say "I don't want it anymore" and send it back for a refund. Then order another.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa