Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware 1.3.0.00 odd behavior

Reaction score
well what should I say, upgraded to 1.3.0.00 and have seen the following things so far:

pretty much all settings have been reset back to default ..easy to deal with but:

going into transport mode - the motors seem to work differently now - no longer as smooth and seems like uneven pulses while going into transport mode - noticeable also by higher pitch sounds of the motor

when in atti mode in fast forward flight the craft seems to wobble a bit and the motors seem to playing catchup - no longer as smooth as previously - you can clearly hear the motors playing catch up ...

running down batteries to 5% or less doesnt seem to shut down the motors ...

what else have you noticed?

I am considering a downgrade at this time ...

I also noticed the weird sound of the transformation servo motor while moving the copter into travel mode...sounds like the servo motor fails in a minute. Before I did the update to 1.3 everything has been ok, the sound while transformation to travel mode was steady and not stuttering.

I asked DJI Europe by email regarding this problem and they responded, that they know about that strange noise and that this is a known "feature" of the new firmware and this has already been reported by beta testers and the Chinese headquarter before the release date.

So everything seems to be ok, even if it doesn't sound like that. In another forum there are several responses by inspire users who noticed the new travel mode noise experience too....

My pan and tilt wheel on radio is not working as it should since the upgrade.
The gimbal tilts up until it reaches the stop but will not tilt back down.
Same for pan rotates right until reaches stop but will not pan left.
Any ideas?
Works fine using the sticks on second controller and also using finger on screen for control.
Just the wheel not functioning correctly.

I asked DJI Europe by email regarding this problem and they responded, that they know about that strange noise and that this is a known "feature" of the new firmware and this has already been reported by beta testers and the Chinese headquarter before the release date.
Why is it that with every "upgrade" within a few days these kind of problems always appear.What kind of Beta testers are there?Now we have to wait 'till next "upgrade"that it's solved.I really hope that one day there will be an upgrade that has been tested.

Last edited:
Why is it that with every "upgrade" within a few days these kind of problems alays appear.What kind of Beta testers are there?Now we have to wait 'till next "upgrade"that it's solved.I really hope that one day there will be an upgrade that has been tested.
indeed, I was hopeful they would be putting out much better quality updates when i heard they were starting to beta test them, but it appears to not be working, lol

well doing software development myself I know you should be quite serious about selection - everyone who doesnt give any feedback you usually purge from the list as they arent useful at all ... within the hobby though I dont know how much vendors pay attention to feedback ... I personally do a lot - which is a pain sometimes as you write up reports and test rather than flying your aircrafts ...

And I finally bought a total of three Inspire 1s. One for the work, one to test update firmware so I don't lose working time and "one for the repair work that takes two months" turnaround if I hurt my baby.

Hope they get the S together on this.......

And I finally bought a total of three Inspire 1s. One for the work, one to test update firmware so I don't lose working time and "one for the repair work that takes two months" turnaround if I hurt my baby.

Hope they get the S together on this.......
That's how I'd fly if I used my i1 for work..
nice.....

Why is it that with every "upgrade" within a few days these kind of problems alays appear.What kind of Beta testers are there?Now we have to wait 'till next "upgrade"that it's solved.I really hope that one day there will be an upgrade that has been tested.
Did you read the post you quoted? Beta testers reported it but DJI apparently decided not to delay release for it.

Did you read the post you quoted? Beta testers reported it but DJI apparently decided not to delay release for it.
It's not blaming the beta testers,it's more the beta testers DJI has choosen.If you are a beta tester and report any problem why is this "upgrade" going to release?
Everytime when upgrades are here.the thread is loaded with problemsreports.Offcourse there are pilots without problems,but every time it's the same problem.Stupid faults that has to been tested I think.

If you are a beta tester and report any problem why is this "upgrade" going to release?
Ask DJI. It's not the beta testers who decide whether the firmware is released or not... They report their findings, then dji either do something about it or don't.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

I as well have issues with travel mode,before firmware update servo worked fine,now when entering to travel mode motor works not steady and sometimes fails to enter travel mod

I reported the issue of the different noise and pulse when lowering into transit mode, it was one of my very first beta reports. I was told this is normal and not to worry about it. I also reported the new click sound you hear when you first turn it on (sounds like a spark/short). I was told this is normal.

There is not much we can do, I even had video evidence.

I reported the issue of the different noise and pulse when lowering into transit mode, it was one of my very first beta reports. I was told this is normal and not to worry about it. I also reported the new click sound you hear when you first turn it on (sounds like a spark/short). I was told this is normal.

There is not much we can do, I even had video evidence.
Wonder why DJI is using Beta testers.If that sound wasn't there before and now it is there was a change in anything.Makes you wonder why you report things.

So DJI create an updated find some strange noises at start up and entering and exiting travel mode, but in their wisdom decide this is normal and release the update anyway.

If it wasn't there previous how does DJI come to the conclusion that it is normal. Surely it is abnormal given it was never there previously.

I have also noticed little splurts of noise/ servo action when just powering on the battery. I even thought I was seeing the aircraft just moving upwards slightly when powering on the battery

So DJI create an updated find some strange noises at start up and entering and exiting travel mode, but in their wisdom decide this is normal and release the update anyway.

If it wasn't there previous how does DJI come to the conclusion that it is normal. Surely it is abnormal given it was never there previously.

I have also noticed little splurts of noise/ servo action when just powering on the battery. I even thought I was seeing the aircraft just moving upwards slightly when powering on the battery
Not necessarily - The new firmware may have altered the way the retract servo motor is driven to lower drive frequency pulses to make it more reliable.

My issue with the update was that it made my inspire nearly impossible to fly. Even after I reset all of my setup back to how I normally use it, the inspire would react extremely violently to even a slight gust of wind, and even when dead calm it would drift to the right pretty hard in both GPS mode and Atti.

I tried calibration of the compass and imu three times without success, then finally downgraded to the old firmware and every new issue disappeared.

I've been flying for quite a while and I have never felt less confident in a craft than that made me feel. It reminded me of what a dying esc behaves like on one of my cinestars.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar