Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware 1.6 problems

I have baselined the RC and AC and updated successively to 1.6 with success on all updates but experiencing terrible lag

I am using a iPad mini 2 , I have baselined the RC and AC and updated to 1.6 successively without any problems but cannot get responsive camera transfer rate

I have read that the only usable mini is the 4th version, and all others have some processing lag. Do you have an iPhone that has a faster processor to test with?

I have read that the only usable mini is the 4th version, and all others have some processing lag. Do you have an iPhone that has a faster processor to test with?
No I don't have that option currently , I'm running iOS 9 version on iPad mini 2, my concern is if it is recording the same as what the iPad reflects I thought maybe it was a firmware issue or AC fault. Is it normal for camera to get quite hot ? I will temp gun it today to see what it reaches and update. Thank you for your input

this upgrade was difficult ,it took me 2 tries and a lot of strange lights flashing and noises
I left the room came back things were done
These upgrades are getting worse

What's being upgraded? Its been best for me to not upgrade after 1.4. Doing the 5 wiped out my F C, so I'm not doing any until they explain why I should. I have the X3.

I have all of the text files to show the previous upgrades have been successful, it's just this latest version of the firmware v.1.6.0.40, that will not load. The file has definitely been loaded into the root directory of the sd card and is in the correct format, as all previous ones have been, it just will not start the process?
Did you fix the issue? I have the same problem, it is like if the firmware wasn't in the card. both with my inspire 1 and phantom 3P.

I'm having majors issues as well. I have zero telemetry and flight modes. After startup, it automatically kicks me to manual and I don't have any telemetry--no battery voltage, no gps, nada. here is the FW result.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.01.17 22:07:17 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.01.18 14:19:28 =====================
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

When I try to downgrade the fw, it refuses because the fw is older than the current firmware. This is frustrating. No way I can fly like this. This firmware sucks. How can I downgrade my firmware?

Last edited:
I'm having majors issues as well. I have zero telemetry and flight modes. After startup, it automatically kicks me to manual and I don't have any telemetry--no battery voltage, no gps, nada. here is the FW result.
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.01.17 22:07:17 =====================

========== 2016.01.18 14:19:28 =====================

When I try to downgrade the fw, it refuses because the fw is older than the current firmware. This is frustrating. No way I can fly like this. This firmware sucks. How can I downgrade my firmware?
Just figured it out. I needed to update the app in order to get telemetry. Honestly, this is getting tiresome. With all of my work in Naze32, if a new update comes out, it is always the flyers option to upgrade. DJI forcing me to upgrade is ridiculous when the previous fw 1.3 was working great.

Hi, a little off subject I am having ridiculous lag issue which is also captured on recording I have tried everything but cannot resolve the issues and have already broken commitments due to a failed usb hub which I replaced myself to avoid the turn around time now I have a wedding this week I may also have to cancel if I cannot resolve this 7 second+ lag I'm dealing with, can anyone help ?
Are you under warrenty still? It's gunna set u back a couple weeks, but DJI fixed my soft lens issue and i got it back in a timely manner. Not a dime out of pocket either.

No I don't have that option currently , I'm running iOS 9 version on iPad mini 2, my concern is if it is recording the same as what the iPad reflects I thought maybe it was a firmware issue or AC fault. Is it normal for camera to get quite hot ? I will temp gun it today to see what it reaches and update. Thank you for your input
I use a mini 4 and a pad, im sure if it was the ipad then it would not show on your Sd recording. that lag, judder or skipping shown on the pad and main recording is more like some interference with the video frequency ive had that when someone was close to me flying a phantom 2 using a 5.8ghz video link transmitter. just a tho rt

Are you under warrenty still? It's gunna set u back a couple weeks, but DJI fixed my soft lens issue and i got it back in a timely manner. Not a dime out of pocket either.
It was the iPad 2 mini in the end, I am now using a iPhone 6S and am happily in the air after all the start up dramas, I have managed to solve all my problems thus far without having to send the bird away which I was always reluctant to do but I have learned more in two weeks than I would have in months about this product. Cheers

I was having problem until I noticed a strange problem.
When I downloaded the file to my Mac's download directory a -2 was added to the file.
I tried to delete the -2 but got a message the file already existed. There was not visible second file.
Dragged the file to the desktop, deleted the -2 and it worked a expected.
dragged the file back to the downloads and overwrote the file I could not see.
Strange!

All I ever hear about DJI and their whole range of equipment is problems, yet people continue to trust them.
Batteries, firmware update failures, drones dropping out of the sky, horizon issues, camera issues, connection issues. It it were a car there would be hell to play.

I really wish I had read all these posts before I purchased my Inspire, it's a lovely looking thing, but you never know if you'll get back in one piece after taking off.
I've made some lovely videos, I updated 1.5.0.3 but never bothered with 1.6.... (haven't flown since end of Nov due to weather and other commitments).

As soon as the firmware was released there were issues, can this company not get anything right? They release an unfinished product/firmware to let the paying customers do the R&D at their own expense.

Sorry for the rant, just ploughed through the weeks popular post (e-mail list) and it's nothing but grief, problems, failures and expensive experienced for people worldwide. Come on DJI, do what we pay you for or at least be honest and tell us you've screwed up.
If I could turn back the clock I don't think I'd have bothered buying one to be honest. Rant over.

All I ever hear about DJI and their whole range of equipment is problems, yet people continue to trust them.
Batteries, firmware update failures, drones dropping out of the sky, horizon issues, camera issues, connection issues. It it were a car there would be hell to play.

I really wish I had read all these posts before I purchased my Inspire, it's a lovely looking thing, but you never know if you'll get back in one piece after taking off.
I've made some lovely videos, I updated 1.5.0.3 but never bothered with 1.6.... (haven't flown since end of Nov due to weather and other commitments).

As soon as the firmware was released there were issues, can this company not get anything right? They release an unfinished product/firmware to let the paying customers do the R&D at their own expense.

Sorry for the rant, just ploughed through the weeks popular post (e-mail list) and it's nothing but grief, problems, failures and expensive experienced for people worldwide. Come on DJI, do what we pay you for or at least be honest and tell us you've screwed up.
If I could turn back the clock I don't think I'd have bothered buying one to be honest. Rant over.
I totally disagree with your sentiments. How can you criticise the Inspire 1 if you don't fly the thing. Those vocal on this and other forums are those who feel hard done by or are unhappy for some reason or other. Most of the failures are down to pilot error or poor battery or system management. Those of us that fly with confidence everyday don't need to moan. There is nothing wrong with FW 1.6 as it works well for me in the freezing conditions here in winter. DJI put a lot of thought and effort into the design and have an extensive beta test programme. They don't get everything right but I know of no better products on the market. Stop ranting.

I totally disagree with your sentiments. How can you criticise the Inspire 1 if you don't fly the thing. Those vocal on this and other forums are those who feel hard done by or are unhappy for some reason or other. Most of the failures are down to pilot error or poor battery or system management. Those of us that fly with confidence everyday don't need to moan. There is nothing wrong with FW 1.6 as it works well for me in the freezing conditions here in winter. DJI put a lot of thought and effort into the design and have an extensive beta test programme. They don't get everything right but I know of no better products on the market. Stop ranting.
Scot, I do fly but haven't since Nov due to many reasons, which was mentioned in my post. You are entitled to your opinion as I am mine.
Also, thanks for your advice to stop ranting. I will take this into careful consideration to avoid upsetting you further.

Hi guys, I have had a fair amount of drama's also with my inspire some due to my own error in trying to run Go on mini 2 which was hurting under 4K and lagging ,to Usb failure upon receiving my inspire. I bought and fitted a new usb hub updated successively to 1.6 had no problems since and I fly at max range sometimes at water surface height in front of large waves with 0 depth perception and this thing is incredible, it's an amazing platform to work with, organic in flight and it scares the hell out me if I was ever lose and I am by no means financial but the pluses out way the cons by a long shot as a product

Reactions: Scotflieger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont