Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware 1.6 problems

There are issues with a few batteries not accepting the firmware update. I have one of the first shipments of the Inspire from January 2015. The drone has flown perfectly in the winter and summer here in northern Illinois. I have done every update and each time I fly I take all the precautions with my drone. In fact this is what saved me from a crash. It was the update last spring that did the update on the batteries. The firmware updated all of my 6 batteries all said firmware was updated. Initial information on the drone said battery was full level and no errors at all in my screen. I start the inspire and let it hover at 8 feet above the ground as I do after each update. All systems are good no errors it's all ok per feedback. I raise the drone to 20 feet in the air and still all in the green. So at 20 feet up I go 50 feet down range and all of the sudden all goes to the red. "Low power landing now" I think is how the reply goes. This was about 5 minutes into this checkout flight. I managed to avoid a tree as it came down right away straight down by the way to.
The battery was charged again no errors updates all shown were there.
I hovered at 8 feet and 5 minutes may less again error low power landing now. DJI says it's passed the 6 month warranty and won't replace it. Before the update it worked perfectly. In fact that battery is so new the shrink wrap was still over the buttons. Now unless they have some update that can fix this issue the battery is toast from their update.
The battery appears fine no swelling and looks like it came out of the box. Flight wise it may have had 15 flights in that battery. It's a good thing I had not taken the inspire higher or it would have been destroyed. Now each update I fly the drone about 8 feet above the ground and test the battery until the battery is discharged.
I just heard about issues with another firmware update being blades shut off. So looks like more testing with the drone before flight. I wonder if reports on the auto shut off problems reported if the update is so sensitive that strong enough wind current can cause enough power fluctuation in the motor to trip an auto motor shut off?

Sorry to hear about your problems. As a point of fact, FW 1.6 made no changes to the battery firmware. It only changed the flight control behaviour in cold weather conditions. The last update to the battery firmware was 1.5.

Sorry to hear about your problems. As a point of fact, FW 1.6 made no changes to the battery firmware. It only changed the flight control behaviour in cold weather conditions. The last update to the battery firmware was 1.5.

Thank you I am sure you are correct my point is the updates since have not fixed the battery problems. This issue was found in October of 2015. And the update was what was current at the time. I don't claim to be an expert on all the updates just a very careful end user like most of us here and I do appreciate any information any of you have here.

I am buying new batteries to replace the original batteries because now with the X5 camera I don't want any possibility of a crash. All of my original batteries are now marked and sorted and will be watched for any further problems. I appreciate your help and if anyone knows of any other battery updates that would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool