Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware update - risk of bricking ?

Agreed - that IOC issue needs to be clarified. Actually, the reason I jumped on the 1.4 update so quickly was specifically because I intend on using the Inspire for precision agriculture, IR surveying, and 3D Mapping. Waypoint navigation is the only way to accomplish that. From what I've been reading, however, the waypoint navigation a'int all that great in DJI GO. At least not compared to Ground Station. It's just weird to me that GS hasn't been updated for the Inspire yet. That's extremely important to many Inspire owners - and, in fact, the motivation for the initial purchase, in many cases.

I hope DJI gets GS up and running soon. Spring planting and construction projects are just around the corner. You listening, DJI??

Apperently the IOC button suppose to be greyed out because that function is now in the new intelligent navigation options as Home Lock.

Yes the waypoint function doesn't seem to be all that, apparently you need to fly manually to your chosen waypoint before you can save it as a waypoint, so you can not chose the waypoints directly from the map.
But the waypoint route can be saved so next time you want the same route you don´t need to fly it manually to the waypoints.
This is done for safety according to DJI.

Reactions: Andrew Woodward
I'm not sure what's going on with the IOC. That's a bit disturbing. The only thing I can think of (without one in-hand) is that the new waypoint navigation somehow supersedes the functionality of the IOC. Maybe the IOC is now obsolete??
The IOC function has been replaced by the new Intelligent Navigation (IN) modes (WP, PIO, HL, CL) selected using the P-A-F being switched to F. The IOC menu options have been disabled and I'm told by DJI will be removed in a new GO version.

Last edited:
As to the original subject... updates bricking birds...
I lost my first one on it's first reflash (see sig below)
I'm convinced (my opinion) that IF a component is such that it will not except a reflash... I.O.W. defective...
And if that component is a key component... you will get a doorstop...
If your bird survives a major update like 1.3 was (about everything is reflashed)...
...It is likely a "good one" and will survive whatever stable FW you throw at it down the road...

As to the original subject... updates bricking birds...
I lost my first one on it's first reflash (see sig below)
I'm convinced (my opinion) that IF a component is such that it will not except a reflash... I.O.W. defective...
And if that component is a key component... you will get a doorstop...
If your bird survives a major update like 1.3 was (about everything is reflashed)...
...It is likely a "good one" and will survive whatever stable FW you throw at it down the road...

So you think that only units that are defective can get bricked? Maybe you are right?
But i think most drones has never had any previous signs of faulty components until the bricking happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6