Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update v1.2.0.17 Available

Just felt that I had to concur with the positives here. Absolutely flawless first flight after upgrading everything. And the upgrade was flawless as well. I think that often the people with no problems are the less vocal so it seems as though this upgrade is nothing but problems.
Two thumbs up.
But no props? That's the piece that has me scratching my head. I'm guessing that they may be growing too fast and somebody just didn't think that this would be an issue.
Other than that this chopper moves easily into the "remarkable achievement" category. The video cuts in perfectly with our high end cameras and the look is incredibly professional, like a $20,000 helicopter shoot .
Just thought all this needed saying.

Reactions: Lee
No. But no changes have been made to how that works between the versions, so it's unlikely to be related.
Helps to calibrate IMU then the gimbal on perfectly flat surfaces.

Well... After a not good experience with firm .17, I have shipped my 2 RC to dealer. 7 weeks later, today, 2 brand new radio have arrived. No tablet holder, but that's is just a paricular,
This weekend I'm gonna fly with this **** Firmware than i will think about update. Cheers

It's the same firmware update file for the TX and the Inspire !!!! - There is no need to delete, reformat, stand on your head, ring the doorbell or anything else. Just leave the firmware .bin file on the bloody card and delete the txt file that is generated after either the TX is updated or the Inspire is updated whichever you did first.
Then LEAVE the FW file on the card so that subsequent batteries can be updated (if required) from the same package!

My god people are making such a mountain out of a molehill out of this! God forbid you ever had to to firmware updates via writable DVD with correct folder structure or via SxS cards !!!!
If I understood this right, and I have the same question, how do you update a spare battery.
I just ordered a fourth battery that will arrive in a few days. My system is up-to-date with all firmware upgrades.
When the battery arrives, do I need to upgrade it and how?
Updating everything at once is obviously not an option. I have also read that you DO NOT leave the bin file on the SD card.
So what is the proper procedure to update just a new battery? Can you just turn only the bird on, insert the new battery and it will update itself? Do you put the bin file with the most recent firmware update and put into the bird and then insert the new battery? Will the bird also try to upgrade again - what are the ramifications?
Hope this makes sense.

If I understood this right, and I have the same question, how do you update a spare battery.
I just ordered a fourth battery that will arrive in a few days. My system is up-to-date with all firmware upgrades.
When the battery arrives, do I need to upgrade it and how?
Updating everything at once is obviously not an option. I have also read that you DO NOT leave the bin file on the SD card.
So what is the proper procedure to update just a new battery? Can you just turn only the bird on, insert the new battery and it will update itself? Do you put the bin file with the most recent firmware update and put into the bird and then insert the new battery? Will the bird also try to upgrade again - what are the ramifications?
Hope this makes sense.
I just read my post there.... I went into one a bit didn't I?..... Was obviously one of those days (I get a lot of those :))

OK, here's what I do and I have had NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!
I pretty much had exactly the same situation as you.... updated all firmware and batteries, then went and purchased two more TB48's
One of them didn't need updating and one did - the app will tell you whether it does or doesn't.
Once I have updated The Inspire, RC and my existing batteries I personally do NOT keep the bin file (or anything on the card) - I re format it in camera and am done with it.
However, if I add additional batteries that need updating later on, I simply put a copy of the bin file on the card again, plug it in and fire up the Inspire with the battery that needs updating - I DO NOT turn on the RC. The Inspire will realise that the firmware on the card is the same as is installed and abort any AC update but it will go ahead and update the battery. This will be indicated by the usual annoying beeping noise accompanied by the second (or third depending which way you are looking) led flashing quickly on the battery.
Once done, I turn off the Inspire, then reformat the card once more to erase everything (actually before that I just check the results file to see that only one item - the battery- was updated)
Job done :)

I hope that helps

I just read my post there.... I went into one a bit didn't I?..... Was obviously one of those days (I get a lot of those :))

OK, here's what I do and I have had NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER!
I pretty much had exactly the same situation as you.... updated all firmware and batteries, then went and purchased two more TB48's
One of them didn't need updating and one did - the app will tell you whether it does or doesn't.
Once I have updated The Inspire, RC and my existing batteries I personally do NOT keep the bin file (or anything on the card) - I re format it in camera and am done with it.
However, if I add additional batteries that need updating later on, I simply put a copy of the bin file on the card again, plug it in and fire up the Inspire with the battery that needs updating - I DO NOT turn on the RC. The Inspire will realise that the firmware on the card is the same as is installed and abort any AC update but it will go ahead and update the battery. This will be indicated by the usual annoying beeping noise accompanied by the second (or third depending which way you are looking) led flashing quickly on the battery.
Once done, I turn off the Inspire, then reformat the card once more to erase everything (actually before that I just check the results file to see that only one item - the battery- was updated)
Job done :)

I hope that helps
Yup, that helps. Another person also provided some information saying that there is something in the inspire that will automatically update the new battery. Just turn the bird on (not the RC), put the battery in and it will update on it's own. I assume that if this does not work, to put bin file back on sd card and preform the procedure you have outlined. I also do not keep anything on my SD card. It has become a habit to format it before every flight. I got an MC error warning after the new firmware update and don't take the chance again as it freaked me out (thought it was a Master Control warning lol).
Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry