Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update v1.2.0.17 Available

NEWS ON UPDATE ERROR:

With the help of a gentleman named Steve, I have been able to get the update working. The controller and the aircraft are updated and communicating with one another as expected.

Thank you, Steve!

Not sure what Steve did, but here's what you may want to try (and always works for me):

Attach the camera/gimbal to the aircraft with the micro SD card inserted and the firmware loaded in the card. Leave the remote control turned off. Turn on the aircraft and it will go through its normal startup, then will start doing the 4-beep sound, beep beep beep beep, repeatedly for a few minutes. Mine took less than 10 minutes, but just let it go. You will know the update is complete when it switches to a 3-beep sound, beep beep beep, repeatedly. You can now turn off the aircraft. To make sure the aircraft upgraded correctly, put the SD card in a computer and read the .txt file. It should say "success."

Now, put a USB memory stick with the firmware installed on it into the USB port of remote controller. Turn on the remote controller. It will take about 60 seconds before anything happens, so wait it out, and then the LED light will turn blue and it will begin to beep repeatedly. Let it continue until the blue LED turns green. Once the LED is green, your upgrade is complete.

Some people have found that they need to try different USB sticks because the remote controller couldn't read some of them. I've not had that problem, but it is something you can try if after 60 seconds the remote controller doesn't begin to update.

It worked before the firmware, but the new firmware leaves my rc in a white led mode and no matter which usb stick I use. It never loads up the firmware its like a bricked rc.

It worked before the firmware, but the new firmware leaves my rc in a white led mode and no matter which usb stick I use. It never loads up the firmware its like a bricked rc.

Luke,

Did the remote controller go through the full update procedure (blue light, then green) and now it doesn't work? If that's what happened, you may just need to re-link the remote to the aircraft. Instructions are on page 32 of the user manual.

No the remote went in the blue mode beeping for 15 mins.. I pressed the power button and it went green then red. Upon the next restart it would only go on white. All beeping sounds to power on and off went away.

Tried re linking with the app, however the app shows disconnected and rc update required. However seems it is not loading the firmware from the stick and I tried two different sticks.

No the remote went in the blue mode beeping for 15 mins.. I pressed the power button and it went green then red. Upon the next restart it would only go on white. All beeping sounds to power on and off went away.

Tried re linking with the app, however the app shows disconnected and rc update required. However seems it is not loading the firmware from the stick and I tried two different sticks.

Hmmm... you should contact DJI for advice, then. I find that at this time of day they answer their chat line pretty quickly. I had a similar problem with the remote on the phantom. It was so dead no lights would go on. But it turned out it wasn't dead. I was able to update it even though no lights went on and it ended up working. DJI may have a secret way to "reset" the remote and let you run the update again.

Another idea in case you can't reach DJI... put the USB stick (with firmware) into the remote controller, then turn it on and let it just sit that way until it either starts to upgrade or runs out of battery. If it runs out of battery, recharge and try again. It's possible that a full shut down with zero charge left in the battery may reset it.

i had the same problem , i could not re-link ac and rc , i formatted the memorystick and erased all , put the bin.file in again and it started to update , after the update all is linked and working good !

NEWS ON UPDATE ERROR:

With the help of a gentleman named Steve, I have been able to get the update working. The controller and the aircraft are updated and communicating with one another as expected.

Thank you, Steve!
Can you share please?

I'm really sorry to hear that this update has driven your Inspires mad!
I'm gonna wait for the next update.
Has anyone contacted Dji 24/7 tech support in regards to all the problems this update had caused?

now i managed to go into the remote dji support sent me a bin file.

now the camera is going haywire.. cant understand this firm ware ruined my drone

Steve can you share what needs to be done? I still cannot use it.

The key appears to be starting totally from scratch.

1. Take a new mini-SD card or take one you have and reformat it--wipe it clean of ALL files.
2. To that clean card, copy the new *.bin file from the firmware update folder and THAT FILE ONLY.
3. Put the card in the camera (already attached to the bird) turn it on and let it do it's thing. DO NOT turn on the controller. If after ten (10) minutes nothing happens, then you can be fairly confident that the bird has already been updated on previous attempts. Otherwise the camera will beep and begin a fresh install. Once the tail light goes from flashing yellow to flashing green, you know it's done.
4. Once that's done, turn off the aircraft.
5. Get a new thumb drive or reformat one you have, again, to wipe it clean. Copy ONLY the *.bin file onto the thumb drive just as you did above.
6. Insert the thumb into the controller and turn it on. DO NOT turn on the aircraft. After a minute or more it will start the install. Once it's done, the blue light will turn green.
7. Turn off the controller and remove the thumb drive.
8. Turn the controller on again.
9. Turn the aircraft on again.
10. They should now communicate with each other.

I hope this works for everyone having the same issue I had. Went flying this morning without a single problem. Best of luck!

Reactions: ted35 and gray52
the RC is now working I spoke to DJI and they sent me a special file to load prior to loading the new firmware.

The problem is now with the camera

The drone flies well without the camera attached just checked it out inside my house, so the Rc issue is now fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters