Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Upgrade How-To

New X3 camera "requires update" according to the app. How do you upgrade just the camera if everything has already been updated and operational previously? Used the same SD card from the previous camera that was having issues, so I'm sending it in and bought this new camera while I wait.

As requested by many, MANY of you, here are the proper directions to upgrade your firmware. These directions come directly from a well respected member of the DJI community as well as our little slice here on the forum.

"It's a very simple process. You want to load the bin file on the root of the sd card ( x:\filename.bin). I advise to ONLY power the craft and let the upgrade process start, once done you will hear a change of the beeps. The completion tone is DA (pause)... DA, DA. Once the craft is updated power down and do the TX. I use a freshly formatted USB thumb drive for the TX. Copy the same bin file to the thumb drive (x:\filename.bin). The upgrade should start after about 30sec. Once complete the TX light will turn from blue to green, upgrade complete.

I advise users to keep the bin file on the card. This allows all batteries inserted to be upgraded IF required."

Thanks Blade.

Hi, I hope someone can help me! I have not flown my inspire for a while. I have been in the process of updating the relevant firmware. I downloaded the last firmware to the latest. Unfortunately it is not downloading 1.5 i have done everything i usually do but there is no beeping sound.

App: 2.4.2
Aircraft 1.4.00.10
RC: 1.5.70
Camera 1.4.00.10

I hope someone can help me as i have my flight examination next week and would really like to get this matter resolved.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Its very odd. i have updated before with no problems, but there is no beeping sound at all. very frustrating.

Hi Steven, i really appreciate you trying to help me. your have to bare with me as I'm not the most technical of people. What do you suggest i right click on?

I tried that before and just tried again. No Joy I'm afraid. its weird as i have not flown for a while and missed a few updates on this inspire. yesterday i updated to 1.3 & 1.4 without a problem, but 1.5 is not happening. I can't afford to send it away as this is the one that is insured and i need to use this one for my flight examination on wednesday to obtain my PFAW. If there are any other suggestions they would be welcomed. Thanks again.

I tried that before and just tried again. No Joy I'm afraid. its weird as i have not flown for a while and missed a few updates on this inspire. yesterday i updated to 1.3 & 1.4 without a problem, but 1.5 is not happening. I can't afford to send it away as this is the one that is insured and i need to use this one for my flight examination on wednesday to obtain my PFAW. If there are any other suggestions they would be welcomed. Thanks again.
Thats weird it would suggest that the AC already has the latest FW... I had a problem with the app saying i needed to update the FW after i had updated... I deleted the app and downloaded it again that fixed it for me...

The saga continues. I have just done what you have said. it says overall status as normal, which i find good. however the Radio Channel quality has gone down to poor and now its saying!

Aircraft: unknown
RC: unknown
Camera: unknown

Not sure if I'm going forwards or backwards here.

I have just turned everything off and turned it back on again and everything is what it was before.

Aircraft 1.4.00.10
RC: 1.5.70
Camera 1.4.00.10

with upgrade required.

As requested by many, MANY of you, here are the proper directions to upgrade your firmware. These directions come directly from a well respected member of the DJI community as well as our little slice here on the forum.

"It's a very simple process. You want to load the bin file on the root of the sd card ( x:\filename.bin). I advise to ONLY power the craft and let the upgrade process start, once done you will hear a change of the beeps. The completion tone is DA (pause)... DA, DA. Once the craft is updated power down and do the TX. I use a freshly formatted USB thumb drive for the TX. Copy the same bin file to the thumb drive (x:\filename.bin). The upgrade should start after about 30sec. Once complete the TX light will turn from blue to green, upgrade complete.

I advise users to keep the bin file on the card. This allows all batteries inserted to be upgraded IF required."

Thanks Blade.
Hi Blade....here's my problem:
Fresh out of the package my Inspire 1 is running firmware 1.3 Attempted for hours updating. First, straight to latest, but then just to 1.4. In both instances the camera never attempted to read the SD card (included with drone). The SD card was formatted numerous times. No text / notes on SD card after upgrade attempt. Even tried another SD to no avail. Just spent thousands of dollars on a ready to fly UAV from DJI. Is it really Ready to Fly? Is it safe to operate using the 1.3 firmware version? I am also not receiving an Update Firmware alert when connected (both on Ipad Air 2 and Iphone 6 plus). I did test the unit with a short flight and everything seems to be working fine. To include the SD card accepting videos and pics. Please help?

I ran into a similar problem. Just got my Inspite Pro 1 today. Despite already being a member of this forum, AND knowing full well how finicky the firmware update process is, I still did the update through the Go app and lost rc connection. Downloaded the newest firmware, dropped it onto the SD card, put it into the camera, and after about 20 minutes of beeping and booping it was all good.

Thanks Blade.
what is the exact #s for the new firmware

Thanks Blade.
what are the exact #s for the updated firmware for an Inspire 1 with standard camera

what is the latest upgrade for inspire 1 with regular camera the 1.4 upgrade only has pdf file on instructions where do you find the 1.4 file

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa