Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

firmware upgrade question?

Reaction score
Hi just tried doing the latest firmware upgrade to my inspire to 1.10.01.40, everything seems to have gone the way it should but I had a long steady beep at the end, when checking text file says upgrade failed yet when I check firmware version in GoApp it says its at the latest 1.10.01.40, and everything works as it should when I turn it on...what should I do, I tried formatting the card and downloading the firmware again and putting it in the drone but it starts and tells me the firware is up to date, do i trust the go App and just go fly and not worry about the text file, anyone have any ideas.....

I wouldn't be trying to update right now, lol... take a look at the topics here...

Yeah, I just have a noisy gimbal... seems to fly fine.

Others aren't fairing so well, look at the general discussion board

Hi just tried doing the latest firmware upgrade to my inspire to 1.10.01.40, everything seems to have gone the way it should.....
Did you do the AC first with the RC turned off?
If not, there is the problem.
............I stopped doing FW updates last April and have had zero problems.

Did you do the AC first with the RC turned off?
If not, there is the problem.
............I stopped doing FW updates last April and have had zero problems.
ya did the R/C first then the controller but the text file says firmware failed but everything seems to work okay, my last firmware update come to think of it did the same thing but been flying with it ever since never a problem just cant figure out why the text file says failed....whats the beep at the end of the update after its finished suppose to sound like mine was a long steady beep, not multiple beeps just a long steady beep?

Yeah, I just have a noisy gimbal... seems to fly fine.

Others aren't fairing so well, look at the general discussion board
I did notice something just now on the DJI download web site. when I got to the inspire page and then to downloads above the firmware link where the firware files are it gives me the option of picking Inspire 1 as my first choice then the different cameras, should I be just leaving it on inspire 1 or should I be clicking on zenmuse X3 when I have it set to inspire 1 in brackets beside the firmware file in brackets it says X3 but when I click on Zenmuse X3 it just says the firmware version and no X3 in brackets beside it...

Unless you have an X5, this is the one you need: Inspire 1 Firmware v01.10.01.40 (X3)
ya thats the one I installed, but realised after I installed that firmware that my camera wasnt connecting so when i did it i guess it failed that part of the update im assuming thats what threw up the update failed warning but the aircraft looks like it updated as everything seems to work like it should once the update finished and I reseated the camera, was gonna do the update again but when i put the card back in it says firmware is newest version and cant roll back on the newest firmware now I guess

Sounds like you are OK then. Be careful on next flight until you are sure.
In the future, update AC first with RC turned off. This reversal has almost bricked several birds.

Sounds like you are OK then. Be careful on next flight until you are sure.
In the future, update AC first with RC turned off. This reversal has almost bricked several birds.
ya I always update the bird first then the R/C will just keep it in close range for a bit make sure everything is working good

What if we stopped upgrading/updating all together and stop this madnesso_O. It would ruin DJI's business model in just a few months. Not that I aim for that. But this endless circle of upgrades, seemingly solving major issues that suddenly appear every previous upgrade, should be broken.

This is a form of tech terror. We're all lemmings to DJI.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
What if we stopped upgrading/updating all together and stop this madnesso_O. It would ruin DJI's business model in just a few months. Not that I aim for that. But this endless circle of upgrades, seemingly solving major issues that suddenly appear every previous upgrade, should be broken.

This is a form of tech terror. We're all lemmings to DJI.
Or some enterprising programmers need to get these bad boys running open source.

We shouldn't allow foreign governments to determine global markets.

Hey.... foreign MARKETS are welcome to determine global markets.

Pretty clear when they have to flood the market, and release purposely broken firmware, that they know they wouldn't be on top otherwise.

I love the Dutch, best seeds in the world! (Food and cannabis)
That, and the Red Light District, sums it up quite nicely.:p

But still, great little country. It's true.
Not much space left for flying though. Total disaster.

That, and the Red Light District, sums it up quite nicely.:p

But still, great little country. It's true.
Not much space left for flying though. Total disaster.
Flying in or near any major city in the US is just as bad.... both airSPACE and airWAVES.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669