Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.4.0.10 - 7th Sept 2015 Released

Just flew with the new update. Everything works great POI is pretty fun. Works great as does course lock. So far so good.
Also plane is wicked fast again. Gotta slow it down a bit...
Those might work well but as an owner of other DJI products using the 2.4 ground station, the "waypoints" option is rubbish compared to G/S. With waypoints on Inspire you have to fly to EACH waypoint and hit record then move to next waypoint and record it. After recording 9 waypoints, I sent it on designated mission route. Results were garbage, Inspire flew sideways, cut corners and was sloppiest flight ever. Hope DJI works out the bugs.

Those might work well but as an owner of other DJI products using the 2.4 ground station, the "waypoints" option is rubbish compared to G/S. With waypoints on Inspire you have to fly to EACH waypoint and hit record then move to next waypoint and record it. After recording 9 waypoints, I sent it on designated mission route. Results were garbage, Inspire flew sideways, cut corners and was sloppiest flight ever. Hope DJI works out the bugs.

Oh well;)

I had not had a chance to use the way points
But hopefully it gets resolved.

I think the world has changed since the P2 GS was developed. The media, regulators and public opinion are making the risks too high for DJI to underwrite users flying a pre-planned route. I don't believe they will be offering what you want and will leave the risk to third-party developers.

There are 3 options when flying in waypoint mode. One is to fly it as the aircraft was pointing when the waypoints were stored, one is to fly heading along the track and the last is free (user controllable). The best is the middle one (fly along route) and it does not cut the corners, instead it flies a smooth curve connecting the 2 track lines to and from a waypoint. I find the flight quite stable, it is just the speed (limited to 5 m/s) that is slow.

Hey folks! i have one silly question: Do we need to recalibrate the batteries again? As i did with the last FW upgrade. You know, discharging the hell outta them and stuff? Happy Flying!!!

Not sure where 1.3.20 has come from, but to get my rc to update I had to use v1.3 on a usb drive in the back and it upgraded fine. I installed v1.4 and tried again on the rc and did nothing. Checked the TXT file and had success and GS was also there also success .

Not sure where 1.3.20 has come from, but to get my rc to update I had to use v1.3 on a usb drive in the back and it upgraded fine. I installed v1.4 and tried again on the rc and did nothing. Checked the TXT file and had success and GS was also there also success .
There is no update to the RC in 1.4.0.10 but you do need 1.3.0.0. The installed firmware versions for the app, aircraft and RC are now visible in About at the bottom of the last setup dialog.

Yes but if you read the how to with 1.4 it says you can upgrade the rc via the usb. This it not correct but if you are not on a forum then you would never know. I'm all sorted now:).

I think the world has changed since the P2 GS was developed. The media, regulators and public opinion are making the risks too high for DJI to underwrite users flying a pre-planned route. I don't believe they will be offering what you want and will leave the risk to third-party developers.
I still remember the "I love coffee" app.It was much better than the original

Hello Everyone, This will be my first update expericnce. I just received my I1 about 3 weeks ago and have really enjoyed the flying and photography experience. My attempt at this current download seems to be a failure? I downloaded the zip, moved it to my SD card, installed SD in camera and turned on I1 only. The D D D D started and then about 8 min later the D DD started, indicating update complete (I thought it was suppose to take 25 min+) When I checked the txt on the SD its reads success however when I open the app and search the ABOUT its still showing the old version and the new icon is not present on the screen. What I'm I doing wrong? Please excuse my ignorance if I have missed anything in the previouse threads. cheers!

Hello Everyone, This will be my first update expericnce. I just received my I1 about 3 weeks ago and have really enjoyed the flying and photography experience. My attempt at this current download seems to be a failure? I downloaded the zip, moved it to my SD card, installed SD in camera and turned on I1 only. The D D D D started and then about 8 min later the D DD started, indicating update complete (I thought it was suppose to take 25 min+) When I checked the txt on the SD its reads success however when I open the app and search the ABOUT its still showing the old version and the new icon is not present on the screen. What I'm I doing wrong? Please excuse my ignorance if I have missed anything in the previouse threads. cheers!

Try re-starting the app. I assume you uploaded the new version v2.2.0 already?

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum.

When you say you copied the .zip to the card did you not copy the .bin contained in the .zip to the card? This update should only take around 5 mins and a further 2 for each battery. It you are seeing Success in the .txt file under 1.4.0.10 then it has worked. The new modes only appear once you Re airborne and you select the P-A-F switch to F.

I have made it so!

This is why I wish people would listen or at least use a modicum of common sense when creating a thread!

A title like "New Firmware Update" is useless as it is only 'New' until the next version comes along.

Can we please put a version number in these kinds of threads in future please? (I just know I have wasted valuable typing time) :rolleyes:

I promise I will never do something that stupid again ;-)

Reactions: huppe
the date is 1-1-2014 but says it was a success. is this norm it does have the (packet wm610_fw_v01.0400.00.bin is this a hell yea

Hi Jason, welcome to the forum.

When you say you copied the .zip to the card did you not copy the .bin contained in the .zip to the card? This update should only take around 5 mins and a further 2 for each battery. It you are seeing Success in the .txt file under 1.4.0.10 then it has worked. The new modes only appear once you Re airborne and you select the P-A-F switch to F.

Yes I did copy .bin to SD I just now toggled through P A F and found Icon. Success was under 1.4.0.10 in text.

Reactions: Scotflieger

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84