Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.4.0.10 - 7th Sept 2015 Released

Upon start up of the AC, it immediately starts beeping. It wont allow me to do any form of calibration, and the update wont take. I've written DJI LA, and I'll contact the dealer I purchased it from first thing in the morning.

The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0.10 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.0.00 to update the firmware to v1.3.0.00 before updating the aircraft.
So, members on Firmware v1.2.1.06 or older must first update the RC with Firmware v1.3.0.00 and then update the Inspire 1 and batteries with Firmware v1.4.0.10.
Can the RC be updated with a USB stick as before or is it updated via the latest Go App?
Dji tech support have mysteriously disappeared...

So, members on Firmware v1.2.1.06 or older must first update the RC with Firmware v1.3.0.00 and then update the Inspire 1 and batteries with Firmware v1.4.0.10.
Can the RC be updated with a USB stick as before or is it updated via the latest Go App?
I cannot recall preciously. At one point I had to use the USB cable connected to the camera gimbal to update my RC. Alternatively, if you are having problems updating your RC to FW 1.3.0.0 try this Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC | DJI Inspire Forum

Reactions: sirnikolas
Has anyone ACTUALLY looked at the new app & can see where the new features are accessed? Please share how you access you use them.
Otherwise, it's either not enabled for inspires, or maybe another goof up, perhaps it's enabled based on timezones now....?!?! My guess is DJI is techs. are so used to excluding the Inspire from all other features they accidently forgot to INCLUDE the Inspire on this go around.

Wormwood
sounds to me dji has no faith in the inspire. and are pushing everything towards phantom phasing out the inspire.

usb worked fine for me. 1.3 is required to do the rc.

All done.
Updated ios Dji Go App to latest version.
RC updated to 1.3 via micro USB card reader.
Updated bird to 1.3 then 1.4 even tho 1.3 could have been skipped.
Updated all 150 batteries to 1.4
Completed IMU calibration.
Completed camera calibration.
Completed stick calibration.
Completed compass calibration outside.
Now just gotta complete battery calibration.

Thanks gentlemen.

Last edited:
All done.
RC updated via micro USB card reader.
Updated all 150 batteries to 1.4

Thanks gentlemen.
How many batteries? You only need to calibrate the batteries if you did not previously install 1.3.0.0 and recalibrate then.

Reactions: Steve Reid
I think most of the problems are people not reading and following instructions. I'm about as tech savvy as my 8 year old Grandson but I can read and follow DJI's instructions. If you start reading from the beginning if you have a new Bird it will help you in knowing and understanding it. Not criticizing anyone!!

All done.
RC updated to 1.3 via micro USB card reader.
Updated all "150" batteries to 1.4

Thanks gentlemen.

150? Wouldn't a nuclear powercell suffice lol, too funny.. That's allot of batteries..

Had an interesting update... I got the long beep of death about 21 mins into the update.
Log file said failed and to reboot AC and try again.
Did that, but nothing happened (had a minor heart tremor thinking it's bricked).
Checked txt file and said abort, firmware was the same or older...
Connected to RC and App said everything is up to date... PHEW!

I got the same exact behavior. Long beep, but firmware seems to have been upgraded.

And it will do the long beep again if I leave the .bin file on the memory card.

Flew my Xenomorph this morning with all 7 batteries.

Rock'n Roll solid!

No glitches, no anomaly to the AC.

I did have a "disconnect" event but came back on after 5 seconds and I still had full control of the AC.

Flew it father than I had anticipated and video was just outstanding.

Only other drama was not the AC's fault or mine but the pucker factor is when I let the waypoint took over the craft to its first location. which was 10' away from me and when I completed the route it was 20 feet away.

Once it engaged it swung back rapidly towards me and a fear came down on me that it would hit the trees behind me. Fortunately it stop where it supposed to on waypoint 1. After that it was all smiles.

Good Job. DJI

superheroes-dance-Marvel-fandoms-1271246.gif

200.gif

geek-dance-gif.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo