Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware V1.4.0.10 released 7th September

DJI Please Please Please add smoothing option so the gimbal will stop smooth once we release the wheel, that would be an excelent option!!!

DJI Please Please Please add smoothing option so the gimbal will stop smooth once we release the wheel, that would be an excelent option!!!
Ease in and ease out has already been requested with DJI R&D.
It can be achieved relatively easily at present however with a little finesse on the wheel !

Reactions: sirnikolas
also the gimbal wheel would be nice to have it on the right back of the Radio instead of top left. That way you can tild up or down while going with the inpire up or down too ... Now where the wheel where it is it makes so difficult to do it ...

also the gimbal wheel would be nice to have it on the right back of the Radio instead of top left. That way you can tild up or down while going with the inpire up or down too ... Now where the wheel where it is it makes so difficult to do it ...
I'm afraid that is not possible, the 2 thumb wheels are of completely different designs. One is a potentiometer (left back) and the other is a switch (right back).

Then it would be as "hard" to tilt while moving forward/laterally...
Again the current layout works quite well to act on the 5 axes together with a bit of training :)

Yep strange that you have to fly the route in the first place then set the waypoints which makes no sense as whats the point if you have already flown it, maybe you get camera control whilst the flight route is automatic

I think it makes a lot of sense, in fact more than if the waypoints had to be programmed on the map. This way you can line up your starting shot record that point and then fly to the point where you want the shot to end and record that as well. It would be very hard to set up angles for the shot just looking at the map.

DJI have mentioned on their forum that while the aircraft is flying the pre-programmed route the aircraft can be yawed without effecting flight path allowing a single operator to then achieve the desired camera moves.

I am curious to see if, with the update, something else might be taken away or limited, like range or altitude or flight duration or something like that. Looking back at Phantom updates, this happened sometimes... I want to wait and hear what the story is from a few of you before updating...

I am curious to see if, with the update, something else might be taken away or limited, like range or altitude or flight duration or something like that. Looking back at Phantom updates, this happened sometimes... I want to wait and hear what the story is from a few of you before updating...
You will find nothing taken away and a lot added.

Does anyone know if instructions will be provided describing how to use the Waypoint features provided in the firmware update? This would really be helpful to have a clear understanding of the actual procedures. I am very much looking forward to have some ability to program flights, hopefully then being able to control and monitor the camera with more precision.

Does anyone know if instructions will be provided describing how to use the Waypoint features provided in the firmware update? This would really be helpful to have a clear understanding of the actual procedures. I am very much looking forward to have some ability to program flights, hopefully then being able to control and monitor the camera with more precision.
No. But if there are none, I am sure advice will be forthcoming from informed forum members.

From what I have been reading here and on rcgroups ( I know...dangerous :) ) it is not waypoints as we know it from our days with P2s. I have see a better phrase being used a few times, 'repeat flight route' function.

It's clear that this is not for photogrammetry work. There are at least 3 other true waypoint apps for doing photogrammetry about to hit. They will cost, but not a lot. That's life. I welcome having more than one tool in my toolbox.

From what I have been reading here and on rcgroups ( I know...dangerous :) ) it is not waypoints as we know it from our days with P2s. I have see a better phrase being used a few times, 'repeat flight route' function.

It's clear that this is not for photogrammetry work. There are at least 3 other true waypoint apps for doing photogrammetry about to hit. They will cost, but not a lot. That's life. I welcome having more than one tool in my toolbox.

Like your comments in your 2nd paragraph, so true;)

its more like the Align APS - fly to specific point, save, fly next, save, fly to next save - then fly to the various points again - the purpose for this I assume is to avoid crashing into obstacles by just selecting waypoints on a map - that may be well outdated ... looking at the google map where I live - 80% of the houses dont even exist on it ...

Ok so its
8:25 AM Monday, September 7, 2015 (GMT+9) in Japan.

Where is this update? Or do we have to wait for it to be Monday in California?

I feel like an anxious kid on xmas waiting for Santa to come!

Reactions: Clampit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool