Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Ver 1.7.40

Reaction score
I upgraded controller firmware to Ver 1.7.40 on both my radios. I was unable to get the slave radio to control the camera using the left and right joy sticks. Video feed was fine, I could control the camera via the slave radio using the iPad touching on the screen. Tried different settings with out any joy! Control sticks worked fine on the slave prior to the firmware upgrade.

Master radio could control the camera as normal. Opted to downgrade the firmware to 1.6 on both radios, once both radios where re-booted I was able to control the camera via the slave control sticks again. I did not make any other changes to the app, the slave radio control stick simply operated again.

Firmware Ver 1.7.40 possibly could have an issue.

Had the same problem with the slave. A gimbal auto calibration on the slave controller sorted it but more by luck than judgement.

I then had the reverse problem when I connected up a different ipad to the slave - stick control but no video feed. Deleted the GO App which had been updated to 2.8.6 and then reinstalled it which sorted this problem.

There seem to be lots of issues with this RC upgrade - have a look here: Beware remote firmware update.

Thanks for the response. Bellow is the response from DJI.
I don't understand their response, how do you operate with two master controllers? One for the pilot and one for the camera operator.

Alice Liu (DJI)

Aug 14, 10:27 HKT

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Thank you for your feedback. As to firmware 1.7.4 issue, you can switch the salve RC to the master one, then the issue will be solved. We've already feedback to the engineer and they shall make a improvement to the firmware accordingly. If any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks for choosing DJI.
DJI Technical Support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669