Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK First commercial project

Reaction score
Hello all...as the title says I have a project coming up which requires the promotion of a build of luxury houses in the countryside. My first question is do I need the adjacent landowners permission if I want to fly over any part of their land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understand totally this is your first commercial flight/job but as a commercial operator you should be fully conversant with CAP 393 94/94 (previously 166/7) before undertaking any work such as this since your risk assessment and site survey will need to take these factors into account.
Assuming you have been granted standard permissions in your PFAW (although I believe you may have an active OSC which you mentioned in another thread - does that give you reduced proximity or was it submitted for another reason?) you do not need permission from anybody to fly over their land providing you are not taking off or landing from their land and you maintain the requisite stand offs as per 393 94/95 from any vehicle vessel or structure not under your control.
I hope that helps but your NQE should have taken you thoroughly through these points. Let me guess......EuroUSC???? (Wonder what they will call themselves when we are out of Europe? .... (CowboyUSC maybe :p)

As you said your 'first question' I feel there are more coming....congrats on your first paying job btw.:)

I can assure you that I will be completely conversant with all the fine details before I go to do the site survey / risk assessments. I passed my flight exam in April and it took eight weeks for my PfAW to come through so I need to familiarise myself with everything. My NQE was not eurousc and thanks for confirming the flying over adjacent land rule as that will make things much simpler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi