Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

First crash

Reaction score
So I had my first (and hopefully only) crash on the weekend with the inspire. It was entirely pilot error while practicing in atti-mode towards the end of the flight. I misjudged the distance to stop near a bush and realizing I was going to hit it head on, I rotated the aircraft to protect the gimbal with the body of the quad. It lodged in the bush and I did a CSC to shutdown. I carefully extracted it and removed the battery. The only physical damage that I could see was one broken prop. I let the aircraft cool down, checked it over for any other visible damage. Then rebooted it and calibrated the IMU (I understand that's a good idea after any sudden jarring). I put on an entire new set of props (only one of the previous set was damaged but would rather be safe than sorry), put in the same battery and did a low hover, checked the landing gear operation, the gimbal movement and some gentle flying with the craft. Everything seemed to check out OK.

Is there anything else that I should check, or can anyone suggest something I may have missed before I take it for a full flight? Thanks

Glad to hear you escaped with minimal damage. Attempting to land in Atti mode is very dangerous, especially if one forgets they're in it when bring her in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop