Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flight Data

Reaction score
There's a few data items I'd like to have available in the Go app and I'd like to see what others think about it.

Two navigation related items that I'd like are 'Heading' and 'Bearing'. I'd like to have a display that shows that actual direction the copter is pointed and also the bearing from home or RC to the current copter position. This info would be added to the existing flight info at the bottom left.

The other thing I'd like is a better indicator of gimbal position with readout for both pan and tilt. What we have now is a kind of bar graph beside the camera data for tilt but the only feedback for pan is the flashlight icon on the copter icon that provides a rough idea of heading. I like the icon approach but would like numerical data was well. So, a value for pan (-330 to 330 with 0 pointing forward) and a value for tilt of (-90 to 30).

Additionally, whichever item is being controlled at that time by the left scroll wheel on the RC should be indicated by the numerical display flashing so that you know at a glance if pan or tilt is the current selection. This is similar to the approach they already use to tell us which of the camera settings is adjustable with the right scroll wheel. I'd prefer not to have to scroll and find I had the wrong item selected.

There are other data items I'd like as well but I understand the limited space to put that information on the 8-10 tablets most of us are using. Knowing the instantaneous power consumption would be very helpful. And at the top I'd like to see two values for the battery: % remaining and temp. Perhaps combining the power, temp and % remaining at the top in the battery section.

The heading and bearing data would be useful if you lose sight of the copter and the more detailed gimbal data would make it easier to control that.

Brian

Reactions: Tim Cameron
There's a few data items I'd like to have available in the Go app and I'd like to see what others think about it.

Two navigation related items that I'd like are 'Heading' and 'Bearing'. I'd like to have a display that shows that actual direction the copter is pointed and also the bearing from home or RC to the current copter position. This info would be added to the existing flight info at the bottom left.

The other thing I'd like is a better indicator of gimbal position with readout for both pan and tilt. What we have now is a kind of bar graph beside the camera data for tilt but the only feedback for pan is the flashlight icon on the copter icon that provides a rough idea of heading. I like the icon approach but would like numerical data was well. So, a value for pan (-330 to 330 with 0 pointing forward) and a value for tilt of (-90 to 30).

Additionally, whichever item is being controlled at that time by the left scroll wheel on the RC should be indicated by the numerical display flashing so that you know at a glance if pan or tilt is the current selection. This is similar to the approach they already use to tell us which of the camera settings is adjustable with the right scroll wheel. I'd prefer not to have to scroll and find I had the wrong item selected.

There are other data items I'd like as well but I understand the limited space to put that information on the 8-10 tablets most of us are using. Knowing the instantaneous power consumption would be very helpful. And at the top I'd like to see two values for the battery: % remaining and temp. Perhaps combining the power, temp and % remaining at the top in the battery section.

The heading and bearing data would be useful if you lose sight of the copter and the more detailed gimbal data would make it easier to control that.

Brian
We already have most of these!
The direction the aircraft is heading relative to the home point is shown by the orientation of both the graphic (triangle) in the 'radar' screen on bottom left as well as an indication on the map thumbnail or full screen. The homepoint is the centre of the radar screen. Additionally a straight line reference is always shown directly back to the home location.
Real-time lowest cell voltage is already shown (if you enable it) on the main screen below the battery percentage.
Pan of the camera is shown relative to the aircraft graphic by the 'cone' overlay extending from the front of the triangle.
As you say, tilt is displayed via the graph indicator next to the camera control.
Indiication for whether pan or tilt is currently selected has an outstanding request already with R&D.

"Indiication for whether pan or tilt is currently selected has an outstanding request already with R&D."

Any update on this feature yet?
Nope - I do not think it is of any high priority to be honest. There are more pressing issues to be resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont