Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flight Simulator on Large Screen

Reaction score
Soooo.....I am currently taking the Pilot Ground School with a group of which our intentions are to be able to get certified to fly for Public Safety usage. At the end of Ground School, we will have a couple of sessions specifically for UAS and since I am currently the only one in the class with his own bird, I thought it would be a good idea to bring mine to class and hook it up to allow students to play around with the Flight Simulator.

Is there a way to share the screen to a projector or other large monitor? I understand from other searched threads before I posted this specific one, that the HDMI port on the remote is to output the camera to a separate monitor. Any advice would be most helpful!

Thanks!

I just hooked up my Inspire 1 Pro to the HDMI output connection on my Inspire then to my TV. I switched to the simulator and could not get the sim screen to show on the TV, it continued to show what the camera was seeing.

Damoncooper mentioned that iPad -> Apple-TV -> F*BigTV over AirPlay works but never tested it myself.

Chris

Soooo.....I am currently taking the Pilot Ground School with a group of which our intentions are to be able to get certified to fly for Public Safety usage. At the end of Ground School, we will have a couple of sessions specifically for UAS and since I am currently the only one in the class with his own bird, I thought it would be a good idea to bring mine to class and hook it up to allow students to play around with the Flight Simulator.

Is there a way to share the screen to a projector or other large monitor? I understand from other searched threads before I posted this specific one, that the HDMI port on the remote is to output the camera to a separate monitor. Any advice would be most helpful!

Thanks!
There is currently no option to 'output' the sim to an external device, however...........
Depending on what tablet you use some do feature HDMI mirroring.
The Nvidia Shield is one. It has a mini HDMI socket on the side which can be configured to output what is being displayed on the screen simultaneously thru HDMI.
Please be advised, I have not tried this with the sim so I cannot say definitely whether this will work.
If anyone has the Shield (or similar) and has done this perhaps they can post their results on here.

There is currently no option to 'output' the sim to an external device, however...........
Depending on what tablet you use some do feature HDMI mirroring.
The Nvidia Shield is one. It has a mini HDMI socket on the side which can be configured to output what is being displayed on the screen simultaneously thru HDMI.
Please be advised, I have not tried this with the sim so I cannot say definitely whether this will work.
If anyone has the Shield (or similar) and has done this perhaps they can post their results on here.

Confirmed, Nvidia Shield has 4K HDMI output which gives output of same app screen to any device such as TVs, Projectors, Goggles (Fatshark Dominator HD) etc.

Confirmed, Nvidia Shield has 4K HDMI output which gives output of same app screen to any device such as TVs, Projectors, Goggles (Fatshark Dominator HD) etc.
Agreed - I have an Nvidia Shield but, have you tried it running the SIM and outputting to HDMI?
The reason I ask is that the DJI Go App is VERY processor intensive and I wasn't sure wether there was enough overhead to run the app/SIM and output a smooth HDMI stream simultaneously.

Thanks everyone. I'm using the iPad Mini 4 WiFi....so no HDMI out of it. I hadn't thought about the Apple TV thing, so that might be an option. Since I don't have the Apple TV setup, I wonder if the Chromecast would work?

I have a SamSung tab4 that I use on my slave RC (and could be used on the master RC) and I have a SamSung smart TV both have what's called mirror screening. I can hook the tablet to the TV (through network WiFi) and see everything that is on the tablet screen. I opened the DJI app and was able to display the simulator but there was such a lag that it wasn't possible to fly. If there is a reason for the lag and it could be cleared up, it will work. (lag do to not enough memory on the tablet?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1