Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FLIR Gimbal on an Inspire1

Reaction score
I saw this at the commercial UAv expo today. Intelligentuas is the manufacturer. FLIR vue with a 3 axis gimbal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 168
Reactions: B-Eagle and AndrewH
Ok I see a 2 axis gimbal with what looks like a hub system which replaces the sonar. So basically you loss several features that was inherent to the Inspire and replaced them extra weight especially with that TAU2 and heavier looking gimbal. Don't forget the added weight will reduce your flight time.

You could just save that money and stick that sucker on a Phantom and save more money or build a craft specifically to do that job for a lot less.

Update... ARE YOU Fux'n Serious?!?! $6,299.00

Reactions: B-Eagle
Ok I see a 2 axis gimbal with what looks like a hub system which replaces the sonar. So basically you loss several features that was inherent to the Inspire and replaced them extra weight especially with that TAU2 and heavier looking gimbal. Don't forget the added weight will reduce your flight time.

You could just save that money and stick that sucker on a Phantom and save more money or build a craft specifically to do that job for a lot less.

Update... ARE YOU Fux'n Serious?!?! $6,299.00

It's a FLIR Vue which I believe is lighter than the Tau2. And you're worried about reducing the flight time on an Inspire but not on a phantom? Finally $6,299 Is for an Inspire, FLIR camera, gimbal, and extra remote. I don't think $6299 is too far out of line.

Reactions: B-Eagle
It's a FLIR Vue which I believe is lighter than the Tau2. And you're worried about reducing the flight time on an Inspire but not on a phantom? Finally $6,299 Is for an Inspire, FLIR camera, gimbal, and extra remote. I don't think $6299 is too far out of line.

Nope sorry that is a TAU2 because I can see a VPC Module on the back and if you are familiar with a TAU2, you need a different power source. Though both Phantom and Inspire are capable to accomplish this through modification the Phantom solution would be much cheaper investment.

Reactions: qbizzy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc