Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flir XT Inspire Gimbal Alternative?

Reaction score
Question & Thoughts…. I was considering purchasing the Flir XT R 640 30Hz for my Inspire. I see they are running in the $11,500 range.

The Tau2 camera alone is about $6,900 making the gimbal $5,100 which seems a bit crazy.

Got me thinking about an alternative. What about a Vue Pro R 640 30Hz ($4,700) on a 3DR Solo ($400) with an OEM Cameras Flir/Solo Gimbal ($1,500), including another aerial platform.

That's about 1/2 the cost of the Inspire Flir XT gimbal setup. I really couldn't find an appreciable difference between the Tau2 & Vue Pro R specs to make that a deciding factor.

I suspect many will say you can't compare the Inspire to the SOLO and I agree, however I just need to get the IR camera aloft and really don't see a major advantage in using the Inspire for the inspection work I have planned.

Having another bird is also something to consider on the plus side.

Any thoughts…. Am I missing something…….

Question & Thoughts…. I was considering purchasing the Flir XT R 640 30Hz for my Inspire. I see they are running in the $11,500 range.

The Tau2 camera alone is about $6,900 making the gimbal $5,100 which seems a bit crazy.

Got me thinking about an alternative. What about a Vue Pro R 640 30Hz ($4,700) on a 3DR Solo ($400) with an OEM Cameras Flir/Solo Gimbal ($1,500), including another aerial platform.

That's about 1/2 the cost of the Inspire Flir XT gimbal setup. I really couldn't find an appreciable difference between the Tau2 & Vue Pro R specs to make that a deciding factor.

I suspect many will say you can't compare the Inspire to the SOLO and I agree, however I just need to get the IR camera aloft and really don't see a major advantage in using the Inspire for the inspection work I have planned.

Having another bird is also something to consider on the plus side.

Any thoughts…. Am I missing something…….
After some realization, I realized the solution...
Pay $17 000 (not incl G.S.T.) NZD for the ready made ## DJI XT ##
Horrifyingly ,,, that's the 9 hz 336x256 !!
And then still hopeful you are over reacting,
Try flying ,,at any speed sub 1km/hr at
##### 9 hz ####
But it's a ($17 000) solution...

After some realization, I realized the solution...
Pay $17 000 (not incl G.S.T.) NZD for the ready made ## DJI XT ##
Horrifyingly ,,, that's the 9 hz 336x256 !!
And then still hopeful you are over reacting,
Try flying ,,at any speed sub 1km/hr at
##### 9 hz ####
But it's a ($17 000) solution...

Well - as you say - its a solution. Not really good quality or inexpensive - but a solution!

The 30hz is a big deal for flying - keeping your image much more clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla