Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flotation device for Inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm guessing many of us travel with our Phantoms and Inspire 1 to exotic locations, often flying above water. I shoot over water in 80% of the time and would absolutely hate to lose the Inspire 1 in the ocean.

I was wondering if you can recommend any flotation device that would be suitable to recover a unit that fell in water. I read about the 'getterback' but have not used this before (thankfully). However, have any of you experienced different options when it comes to recovering your drone from water?

The design of the inspire 1 seems favourable to putting flotation balls on all 4 feet. Any thoughts?

Cheers

i must admit i too am concerned about this. most of what i want to do is over or near water as well and i see no way to do floatation unless something wide enough was built out to the side of the landing skids..and it would make the bird really wide and might be unstable. i will experiment with something i have in mind and if it works out i will post here.
the drop safe might keep it from getting broken but it will still sink i would think.

guys I don't know how you have the nerves to fly over water im afraid of it, but I'll have to overcome my fears since I'll be shooting some stuff on the beach next year. Any advices? I really appreciate them. :)

guys I don't know how you have the nerves to fly over water im afraid of it, but I'll have to overcome my fears since I'll be shooting some stuff on the beach next year. Any advices? I really appreciate them. :)

I fly 95% over water..
Think positive no trees and power lines .. :)

Reactions: carlos najera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters