Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fly Away Incident

Can you send me a link to your Flight Data Log files?

I have current active support call with DJI they have a link to the logs. The problem I saw is that there are no logs from the time of the fly away. The first log is much later in the afternoon.

I do have the flight track in the DJI Pilot app.

Hi Guys,
Just got my new Inspire 1 here in Cape Town. Ive always been a IOS user but need to buy a new TAB (Android) for my system. What do you guys recommend as far as a stable platform and snug fit on the Inspire 1 ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,
Just got my new Inspire 1 here in Cape Town. Ive always been a IOS user but need to buy a new TAB (Android) for my system. What do you guys recommend as far as a stable platform and snug fit on the Inspire 1 ? Thanks

lol, really skywalker? Please follow Joola's advice.

welcome-to-internet.jpg

Back on track, that's very concerning if the Inspire 1 logs didn't record the flight in question. I'd document/screenshot the information in the DJI Pilot app in-depth if I were you. Hopefully DJI can work this out for you. Looking forward to hearing what they say.

In the meantime, I would still PM Tahoe Ed with your flight logs, redundancy and extra help couldn't hurt in this situation!

I recommend that we all start screen recording every time we fly. I know that the Nvidia Shield has a built in feature that records the screen and there is also an app for ios which can be seen here:

Reactions: Ward Paterson
I recommend that we all start screen recording every time we fly. I know that the Nvidia Shield has a built in feature that records the screen and there is also an app for ios which can be seen here:
Looks neat...but can't read screen for url. Please update.

you got video of fly away. ?? u seem to have got it back so wheres the video proof, i am not saying i dont believe u, but for reference..

Hi Ian Fraser.
When you talk about fly away, is it the bird not having a GPS lock and went to ATTI mode and drifted with the wind? Or it seems like there is some kind of positive control input made to the bird but wasnt by you and inturn is not responding to yours?

Hope to get my understanding right. Thanks

Looks neat...but can't read screen for url. Please update.
On your ios device, open Safari then jump on youtube, and then in youtube search for:

DJI Inspire 1 App iPhone & iPad Screen Recorder Installation

When it loads up click on the link in the description. It'll automatically install itself. If you have trouble registering in the app as I did, then jump on safari again and register on Shou.tv then go back to the app and sign in. Once you're in, follow the instructions as per the youtube video.

I don't fly without it :)

Enjoy!

On your ios device, open Safari then jump on youtube, and then in youtube search for:

DJI Inspire 1 App iPhone & iPad Screen Recorder Installation

When it loads up click on the link in the description. It'll automatically install itself. If you have trouble registering in the app as I did, then jump on safari again and register on Shou.tv then go back to the app and sign in. Once you're in, follow the instructions as per the youtube video.

I don't fly without it :)

Enjoy!

In another thread on the screen recorder, it was said that it had a impact on the video feed to the monitor device--choppy video due to over burdening the processor.

My questions are,
1.are you running the latest firmware that was just released?
2. Did you not try and switch into ATTI mode on the RC?
I'm not sure why, but a lot of people aren't switching into ATTI mode (or aren't mentioning it) when these flyaways start occuring! To me that would stop a flyaway cause it takes control away from the GPS and allows you to fly manually to control and land.

My questions are,
1.are you running the latest firmware that was just released?
2. Did you not try and switch into ATTI mode on the RC?
I'm not sure why, but a lot of people aren't switching into ATTI mode (or aren't mentioning it) when these flyaways start occuring! To me that would stop a flyaway cause it takes control away from the GPS and allows you to fly manually to control and land.

Just remember you have to enable multiple flight modes In the app.

I tried that Shou app today - it seems to cause video lag by about a second which is not ideal. Without screen recording it's almost no delay. Anyone offer any tips? This is on an ipad mini 2 (retina). as such I'm not inclined to use the screen record because I think it is more likely to cause a crash.

I'm using the ipad air 2 and I haven't experienced any lag whilst recording the screen. The guts of the air 2 are a little different from the mini 2.

Hello friends , i had 2 near fly aways last Sunday. Was on the open field so it didn't hit anything thanks god. First flight was perfect , 10 minutes in the air just fine , then i laded changed the battery got all the signals back went up 18 feet and it went nuts it drifted lever the place and then just took off away from me. Being a noob i didn't switch to ATTI but other started fighting it and bought it safely down , did full restart and same thing happened . Compaq was calibrated but i never calibrated IMU now it tells me my setting is ant 1113 when its best to have 1400 to 1500 i think , now my question is why would all the previous flight currently at 2h35 mins were fine but this one went scary . All firmware is up to date. Thank you.

Hello friends , i had 2 near fly aways last Sunday. Was on the open field so it didn't hit anything thanks god. First flight was perfect , 10 minutes in the air just fine , then i laded changed the battery got all the signals back went up 18 feet and it went nuts it drifted lever the place and then just took off away from me. Being a noob i didn't switch to ATTI but other started fighting it and bought it safely down , did full restart and same thing happened . Compaq was calibrated but i never calibrated IMU now it tells me my setting is ant 1113 when its best to have 1400 to 1500 i think , now my question is why would all the previous flight currently at 2h35 mins were fine but this one went scary . All firmware is up to date. Thank you.

Welcome to WTF just happened world of Inspire 1 Ownership

Ian it appears that the FC needs to warm up as well. The GPS gets lock very fast and sometimes I think that the FC has a hard time catching up.

Why is this the case in a state of the art $4500 machine?

Where is this noted in the DJI documentation that we must wait xxx minutes after even the "green - safe to fly" signal is given on the tablet?

So many incompetencies from DJI... Just like the plastic hubs..

Sorry to be so negative, but this simply shouldn't happen, especially when Kp is around 3-4 lately.

Dji told me it was a gps error. No idea what to do now.

Well what I do now is just short flights. Full preflight on each flight to ensure everything is ok. And I am waiting to hear DJI has got their act together.

If they don't get it right soon I will sell my Inspire 1 as it no use having an expensive Drone that can just decide on its own that it wants fly off on its own.

Seriously DJI have failed many customers those who haven't had problems are just very lucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74