Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fly away with my money

May 21. Arrived to Cali.

I'm just using this thread to keep a progress report on the repair.

If it is not ok. It can be deleted. No worries!!

i am interested... also wondering why turnaround is so much time... i europe it is a matter of days... not weeks... when i asked because of my camera they said 5 days... crazy...

Papers all filled out ! Big box to UPS tomorrow ! DJI even covering shipping !

Big thank you to all that helped !
Sidenote... I crashed (my fault) no visible damage, props spin up, correct LED signals but the bird was stuck in flight mode. I suspected something in the gearing to have taken a jolt as I could hear the motor try to actuate. Anyway, here's how my experience is going down. Thought it might help to get other DJI experiences as a reference.

April 10, spoke to DJI support. Took ten min in line then got a repair rep who opened my claim and got me an RMA number. I fed ex'd the copter out that day

April 12, package delivered by Fed Ex (I paid the shipping)
Sent but no notification from DJI confirming they had it.

May 4, I sent an email asking for confirmation they had my AC. No reply

May 14, sent an email requesting confirmation they had my AC

May 19, got an email basically stating that: "if you haven't received an email from support, your craft hasn't been examined and the process of repair takes 5 to 6 weeks"

May 22, Got an email containing an invoice for repair. In my case 569 USD. Immediately approved and paid via PayPal ( noticed an email attached in the thread from May 5, I never received saying I was in the line to have the bird evaluated) Same day, got a confirmation of payment and notification that repairs would commence.

Today is May 28 and I await the next step which I hear is notification that repairs are complete and the bird being sent into a shipping que. I hear its like a week to get shipped.

Fir me, I thing the DJI repair and support service is vastly better than it was before the Inspire announced. Sure, they have room for improvement however, what I've experienced feels reasonable and professional.

Keep you posted

Reactions: mdomeny
sounds good... i had a phone call with support europe (germany) and asked what is approx turnaround and talking with actually an american :) he told me now its about ten days upon receiving the ac... since it is getting better now weather wise a lot of people go out and crash their i1's...
i can say i am a happy user with yet no issues (knock on wood)

thank you for posting your expereience.

I no longer have a home phone, so my calls to LA were on my cell. I have a really good plan, but still...... $ 72 in long distance charges... DOH !

Sidenote... I crashed (my fault) no visible damage, props spin up, correct LED signals but the bird was stuck in flight mode. I suspected something in the gearing to have taken a jolt as I could hear the motor try to actuate. Anyway, here's how my experience is going down. Thought it might help to get other DJI experiences as a reference.

April 10, spoke to DJI support. Took ten min in line then got a repair rep who opened my claim and got me an RMA number. I fed ex'd the copter out that day

April 12, package delivered by Fed Ex (I paid the shipping)
Sent but no notification from DJI confirming they had it.

May 4, I sent an email asking for confirmation they had my AC. No reply

May 14, sent an email requesting confirmation they had my AC

May 19, got an email basically stating that: "if you haven't received an email from support, your craft hasn't been examined and the process of repair takes 5 to 6 weeks"

May 22, Got an email containing an invoice for repair. In my case 569 USD. Immediately approved and paid via PayPal ( noticed an email attached in the thread from May 5, I never received saying I was in the line to have the bird evaluated) Same day, got a confirmation of payment and notification that repairs would commence.

Today is May 28 and I await the next step which I hear is notification that repairs are complete and the bird being sent into a shipping que. I hear its like a week to get shipped.

Fir me, I thing the DJI repair and support service is vastly better than it was before the Inspire announced. Sure, they have room for improvement however, what I've experienced feels reasonable and professional.

Keep you posted

So now the cycle is complete...

Today June 1, received an email from DJI confirming 2 day shipping.

So April 10 through June 3rd (expected return)... Couple months but given the volume of returns for warranty and user error related crashes, on what is a very complicated whirlybird, I think this turn time is acceptable. Looking forward to having her back.

So now the cycle is complete...

Today June 1, received an email from DJI confirming 2 day shipping.

So April 10 through June 3rd (expected return)... Couple months but given the volume of returns for warranty and user error related crashes, on what is a very complicated whirlybird, I think this turn time is acceptable. Looking forward to having her back.
OK, so the story continues...

I got my Inspire Back from repair as promised Yay! Took it downstairs to open it up and do a little pre-flight work and what did I find? The port side arm was not just loose, the entire retaining nut wasn't attached and had no locking screw in place (not to mention no DJI tamper resistant tape on either side!

So, can't fly this bird and wonder how and if DJI LA really did a test flight like this??

So now what? Another email trail waiting to send the whole bloody thing back so they can tighten the retaining ring that holds the arm?

Paid 560 bucks for a factory repair and get a grounded bird back for the 2 month process.

Thats a bit disappointing.

Any staff members care to chime in here?

Attachments

• IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    522.4 KB · Views: 32

I got my Inspire Back from repair as promised Yay! Took it downstairs to open it up and do a little pre-flight work and what did I find? The port side arm was not just loose, the entire retaining nut wasn't attached and had no locking screw in place (not to mention no DJI tamper resistant tape on either side!

So, can't fly this bird and wonder how and if DJI LA really did a test flight like this??

So now what? Another email trail waiting to send the whole bloody thing back so they can tighten the retaining ring that holds the arm?

Paid 560 bucks for a factory repair and get a grounded bird back for the 2 month process.

Wow, that is just total negligence and gives lie to the proposition that DJI Tech Support is getting better at dealing with the volume of repairs coming into the LA Center.

My bird got sent off with a broken arm (my fault caused the crash) on May 5 and has been checked in for 12 days without being registered in the repair cue, much less evaluated for cost estimate. So I don't expect to get it back till mid July. That would be fine, but to then receive a bird not fixed and fit to fly would be more than disappointing.

I suppose you could tighten the nut and fix it with a screw, but that would negate the warranty, I suspect. In all fairness, they ought to send you a replacement bird and have you ship this one back. That would be good customer relations, but I doubt it would happen.

So sorry for you, I feel your pain. Please let us know what DJI proposes as a solution.

Edit: I would PM Tahoe_Ed or Bladestrike at RCGroups to see if they could intervene on your behalf. They are DJI Forum Support.

Wow, that is just total negligence and gives lie to the proposition that DJI Tech Support is getting better at dealing with the volume of repairs coming into the LA Center.

My bird got sent off with a broken arm (my fault caused the crash) on May 5 and has been checked in for 12 days without being registered in the repair cue, much less evaluated for cost estimate. So I don't expect to get it back till mid July. That would be fine, but to then receive a bird not fixed and fit to fly would be more than disappointing.

I suppose you could tighten the nut and fix it with a screw, but that would negate the warranty, I suspect. In all fairness, they ought to send you a replacement bird and have you ship this one back. That would be good customer relations, but I doubt it would happen.

So sorry for you, I feel your pain. Please let us know what DJI proposes as a solution.

Edit: I would PM Tahoe_Ed or Bladestrike at RCGroups to see if they could intervene on your behalf. They are DJI Forum Support.
Yeah, they probably should and then sell the AC as a refurbished unit but I doubt that will happen.

Sent this reply to the Zendesk thread today so lets see what happens:
-------------
Hi there. Got the Inspire back in one piece but unfortunately, the unit could not have been properly QC’d. When I unpacked the aircraft and gave it a quick look I found one of the retaining rings holding the T-Arm had not been attached at all, there was no set screw attached and of course no tamper resistant tape put cake to finish the job. (photo attached)

As-is, this bird can not fly and in no way could have been test flown at your facility and won’t be flown by me in this condition. So I ask you… Now what? Wait another 8 weeks so you can tighten a locking and return it???

After being patient as you mention, I find myself a little angry with the result of your service.

Please advise

Best,

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_0506.JPG
    IMG_0506.JPG
    522.4 KB · Views: 9
June 11. 14 days since it was checked into cue.

I sure wish my dealer would have supported me. If anyone is ordering from Canada. PM me for details.

You can give Ed a try, he is Head of DJI Service and Support for North America:

[email protected]

Hey guys. .
this happened to a buddy of mine..
he waited two months and it came back missing screws and whatnot. ..
I feel for you guys and hope you get things worked out. .
it was a hard pill to swallow when I sent in my i1 and it took a month ..
I can't emagine how disappointed I'd be if it didn't work properly or of it wasn't repaired correctly.
It makes me wonder if they even test fly these things after repairs..
Let's hope things improve once they move into their new facilities. ..
turb. ...

Reactions: Outta Control
So, here's what I got bak in reply to my email to DJI and my reply about the condition my bird came back from repair in. Interesting thread. Apparently, it's OK for you to do your own repairs now... DJI will just send you screws. OY

==============================

So just to be clear. You are sending a set scew that I am to insert into the locking ring. I’ve been on the Inspire Forum and ready many threads about the importance of proper tension on the threaded locking ring. Also, that none of these parts we user serviceable. In fact, the tamper resistant tape, once broken by an end user voids my warranty.
I have no tools to properly adjust torc and after I do this, if there is any problem with the craft, how is my warrantee not effected. This is a unit is not a toy, it is an expensive aerial photography platform. It has never been serviced by anyone other than DJI and, as this is a critical part of the flight platform, I didn’t expect after paying 560 dollars for professional, DJI repairs to have to complete a repair my self.

inspiresunset.jpg

D.K. (DJI Technology )

Jun 12, 10:23

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your patience!

Your screw has been shipped via: FedEx. Your tracking number is as follows:638860880316

Please allow 24 to 48 business hours for the tracking number to appear on Fedex.com.

The address your unit is being shipped to is listed below:

Thank you for choosing DJI!
"The Future of possible"

c4f2a0e0198bb8c3701069e5dfb82af9

J.E. (DJI Technology )

Jun 11, 14:58

Dear Jon Buckland,

Thank you for contacting DJI North America.

I apologize for that issue. Thank you for providing the picture. I will go ahead and forward this to my lead so we can see what we can do to move forward and help you out.

Thanks for flying DJI

dd82bead9513b7ec04e02b476871d49b

Jon Buckland

Jun 9, 14:46

This is a follow-up to your previous request #132793 "DJI Shipping Confirmation"

Hi there. Got the Inspire back in one piece but unfortunately, the unit could not have been properly QC’d. When I unpacked the aircraft and gave it a quick look I found one of the retaining rings holding the T-Arm had not been attached at all, there was no set screw attached and of course no tamper resistant tape put back to finish the job.

As-is, this bird can not fly and in no way could have been test flown at your facility and won’t be flown by me in this condition. So I ask you… Now what? Wait another 8 weeks so you can tighten a locking and return it???

After being patient as you mention, I find myself a little angry with the result of your service.

Please advise

Best,

Jon

(You can see the attachment earlier in this thread)

You can give Ed a try, he is Head of DJI Service and Support for North America:

[email protected]
Thanks, I'll do that as well. Don't get me wrong. Liking DJI, heck I own 7 of their multi rotors including 2 Inspires but this experience and the suggested solution threw me for a loop. "Here's a screw, fix it yourself and thanks for choosing DJI

Back on the 28th of may, I received an email, stating it had been checked into repair cue..

Friday, june 19 i got another email, saying it had been checked into cue... So..... I wonder which it is ?

UPDATED
JUNE 23.

D. S. (DJI Technology )
Jun 23, 10:36

Dear Ken

Upon inspection of your Inspire we found the flight controller was faulty, causing the crash and damaging the GPS and gimbal cable. The components have been replaced and your Inspire has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days.

Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI North America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop