Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Flying in Southern Spain

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by MrDrone, Jul 25, 2016.

1. MrDrone

I will be in southern Spain (Vejer de la Frontera, Medina Sidonia) in the next weeks and wanted to know any first hand experience for non commercial flying. I have checked that I will be flying in unrestricted airspace and based on what I gathered the regulation involved not flying in cities, residential areas, beaches (unless empty) or over people, VLOS and a 400ft high /500m wide bubble just like in the UK. I have a BNUC-S and PfAW but I am guessing this is not that relevant for the Spanish authorities ...:p:p

2. Harryscopic

That's correct. Don't fly over buildings or groups of people and you should be good there. Enjoy your trip Mr.Drone!

3. MrDrone

which is crazy considering the amount of videos of Spanish pilots flying over buildings/ streets that picture of the beach in Gran Canaria ...:eek:

Attached Files:

4. Harryscopic

Yes, I'd say most of the shots that grab our attention are illegal here. If the authorities enforced the regulations we wouldn't be seeing that stuff, but they seem to have other things to worry about instead. I don't like flying in illegal places but a lot of people simply don't care. I hate it when those bastards get money.

By the way, you can fly over a building, it's just not over building groupings (like residential areas, industrial complexes, villages...). The same with people.

5. MrDrone

For the good of the industry there's no other way. +1 for that
    Thanks for the tip @Harryscopic. Where are you based?

6. Harryscopic

I'm in Zaragoza, northeast part of Spain. I have to drive 15Km away from the airport to fly.

7. MrDrone

Lovely part of Spain. Used to work in Madrid and Barcelona... :D