Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying in Southern Spain

Reaction score
I will be in southern Spain (Vejer de la Frontera, Medina Sidonia) in the next weeks and wanted to know any first hand experience for non commercial flying. I have checked that I will be flying in unrestricted airspace and based on what I gathered the regulation involved not flying in cities, residential areas, beaches (unless empty) or over people, VLOS and a 400ft high /500m wide bubble just like in the UK. I have a BNUC-S and PfAW but I am guessing this is not that relevant for the Spanish authorities ...:p:p

I will be in southern Spain (Vejer de la Frontera, Medina Sidonia) in the next weeks and wanted to know any first hand experience for non commercial flying. I have checked that I will be flying in unrestricted airspace and based on what I gathered the regulation involved not flying in cities, residential areas, beaches (unless empty) or over people, VLOS and a 400ft high /500m wide bubble just like in the UK. I have a BNUC-S and PfAW but I am guessing this is not that relevant for the Spanish authorities ...:p:p
That's correct. Don't fly over buildings or groups of people and you should be good there. Enjoy your trip Mr.Drone!

which is crazy considering the amount of videos of Spanish pilots flying over buildings/ streets that picture of the beach in Gran Canaria ...:eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 11.17.20.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 11.17.20.png
    551.7 KB · Views: 9
Yes, I'd say most of the shots that grab our attention are illegal here. If the authorities enforced the regulations we wouldn't be seeing that stuff, but they seem to have other things to worry about instead. I don't like flying in illegal places but a lot of people simply don't care. I hate it when those bastards get money.

By the way, you can fly over a building, it's just not over building groupings (like residential areas, industrial complexes, villages...). The same with people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadpoetryweb