Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying two Inspires close to each other... Interference?

Reaction score
We have a need to fly two Inspires at the same time, relatively close to each other -- probably within 100 feet.

Pilots would also be relatively close to each other as well...again, within 100 feet of each other.

Has anyone tried this...and, is there a controller interference problem associated with this kind of operation?

Thanks in advance...

We have a need to fly two Inspires at the same time, relatively close to each other -- probably within 100 feet.

Pilots would also be relatively close to each other as well...again, within 100 feet of each other.

Has anyone tried this...and, is there a controller interference problem associated with this kind of operation?

Thanks in advance...
On the last meet up we had 3 to 5 inspires flying at the same time with no problems. .

Reactions: ADSSER
you can fly up to 8 at a time since there are only 8 video channels, any more than that will fly just fine but cause video problems as people will be on the same video channel. I was at an international drone days event where there were probably 15+ in the air at a time, inspires and phantoms, but back then there were 32 video channels.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Really? Controller interference, as the OP asked specifically?
pretty sure this guy had other issues and his post here has nothing to do with the OPs question. the only way you would have interference flying two inspires is if you are both using the same custom video channel.

pretty sure this guy had other issues and his post here has nothing to do with the OPs question. the only way you would have interference flying two inspires is if you are both using the same custom video channel.
my thoughts exactly.
Can be confusing for an OP if people stray away from the actual topic.

I hate to bring this one up again.
Was flying my Inspire1 today with a phantom pilot, we took off from the same area moments apart, and my inspire suddenly took an erractic dive off in another direction, including some camera panning before I regained control. Was probably less than 30 metres away when it happened. Another friend of mine has had the same issues between 2 phantoms.
I though this shouldn't be a problem. It was NOT video signal dropping out, it was control loss. I have the video recording from it and it's crystal clear.

Other times I have had 2 inspires in the air and had no trouble.

I'm kind of disappointed in this one. Is there any startup sequence I need to know of ?

do not move your aircraft after you first turn it on and the camera spins, its doing a self test mode. phantoms are the same but no camera spinning, it will flash lights when this process is complete i believe. if you move it during this time it throws off the sensors and will cause erratic flight behavior. try using atti mode, you might have a bad compass calibration, but theres almost zero chance of signal interference being your problem.

I was thinking of doing an air to air of my Inspire using POI and my P3.
The plan is to put the Inspire in to the hover and then fly the P3 directly over it and fix this position as a POI. Then move the P3 out a few feet and descend it to the same level as the Inspire and then film the Inspire as a POI.

I was thinking of doing an air to air of my Inspire using POI and my P3.
The plan is to put the Inspire in to the hover and then fly the P3 directly over it and fix this position as a POI. Then move the P3 out a few feet and descend it to the same level as the Inspire and then film the Inspire as a POI.
Show us the clip when you're done. I can't wait to see the result!

My friend and I have Inspire 1s. Mine is a Black Edition Pro and his is a version 1. We noticed Poor signal conditions on our transmitters when powered on together. Turning one off, made the other's condition go to Good.

My friend and I have Inspire 1s. Mine is a Black Edition Pro and his is a version 1. We noticed Poor signal conditions on our transmitters when powered on together. Turning one off, made the other's condition go to Good.
Maybe if you're on the same manual video channel, but if you do the hack to get all 31 channels back you can fly 32 at the same time with no issues. Without hack you should be able to fly 8 at same time with no problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop