Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flytrex Live issues

Reaction score
Is anyone currently flying their Inspire with a Flytrex live on the latest firmware and H2O wireless? Back in February I moved the Flytrex from my P3P. where it had been working great, to my Inspire. First two flights were flawless. Worked just like it was supposed to. After that, it started showing random GPS hits all over the country, so the Live screen was just a mess of lines and ridiculous miles flown/speed. Because of this, their server would not record any of the flights. I went through the painful process of contacting support and was told that the issue would be taken care of in an upcoming firmware update, so I waited. In early April, I realized there was a new update, so I did the OTA firmware update and the management tab acknowledged that I was now on the most current firmware. I rebooted the device and when it gets to the green led, it no longer flashes. Just a solid green LED and no connection to the flytrex server, making it absolutely useless. I was talking to someone at flytrex via email that was responded to every couple of days. Two weeks ago he said he would need to forward the issue to support and I have not heard one word since them. Like a fool, I got tired of waiting last Friday and ordered another Flytrex from a US dealer and paid for next day shipping as well. It arrived yesterday and I was excited to finally be able to get my Inspire back together. I inserted my Sim card, powered it on and had a flashing green light. After watching it for a bit, there was the random GPS hits again. No problem, I thought, probably just needs the firmware update. Check the firmware tab and it appeared to be a very old firmware. I clicked the button to update, rebooted the flytrex and received confirmation that the firmware was now current. I then rebooted the flytrex and get the same solid green light. I now have two useless flytrex units. I will be sending the new one back for exchange today, but I don't anticipate any different outcome with the replacement unit, so I likely won't even open the package. Does anyone have an older firmware BIN file they could send me to try? Or any other suggestions? This is so incredibly frustrating because I am at the mercy of Flytrex support that appears to be almost non-existent.

That's weird because my Flytrex is dead too. I dismounted it as I thought that it was a mechanical failure (I had solid green light with or without my SIM card). Now I think that that is a software problem. I can not even update the Flytrex to the newest soft.

As the old saying goes... It's hell when it's well. I am having an internal battle over this. I love what the flytrex is capable of and the security it offers, but life would be that much less stressful to get rid of it and not deal with the horrible support. I have a trackimo and marco pollo that I could strap on, however the piece of mind from the live flight window during a period of lost rc signal and lost sight and not having and additional device to worry about charging is ALMOST worth the frustrations. Besides that, I now have $400 invested in these things and I certainly can't sell them in this condition. $400 is hard to just walk away from.

Their shipping and delivery is about the same. I asked them, "Is this in stock?" and got a "yes". Well, this is almost 3 weeks ago and NOTHING. I keep getting excuses, and even a false tracking info email. No wonder we had to save them in WWII.

Damon, are yours on the most current firmware? I believe the last update was early March.

mmf_steve, you actually get a response from flytrex? I haven't been able to get them to even acknowledge me for two weeks.

Damon, are yours on the most current firmware? I believe the last update was early March.

mmf_steve, you actually get a response from flytrex? I haven't been able to get them to even acknowledge me for two weeks.

Yes, well current as of 1 month ago (last I checked for an update)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth