Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Follow me for Inspire is here

Reaction score
Firmware V1.1.0.40 for Inspire 1 Pro brought the Follow me function to the Inspire

I just tried for a few seconds today due to lack of batteries - but the few seconds seems to work well.
Try it out folks

Firmware V1.1.0.40 for Inspire 1 Pro brought the Follow me function to the Inspire

I just tried for a few seconds today due to lack of batteries - but the few seconds seems to work well.
Try it out folks
That's a mistake!
Will be taken away shortly....that one slipped through the net since follow me for the Inspire should never be active!
Reported to R&D.

Then it must be a mistake from DJI not me - I have it and have tried it. And the beta testers confirm that they have tested it. I bet you have more information than I have.

I can understand that - nevertheless they make SDK so 3d party apps can have follow me on the Inspire 1. It is a bit scary.
I know - I never really understood that.
Their engineers deem it unsafe to enable follow me in the app but they allow it through SDK for 3rd party apps!
Seems weird......

I also see you don't have the option to turn off front lights like with p
P3 is that also a safety thing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I also see you don't have the option to turn off front lights like with p
P3 is that also a safety thing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
No - its not necessary on the Inspire since it has retractable landing gear and therefore the lights do not get into frame.

Reactions: Kilrah
I know - I never really understood that.
Their engineers deem it unsafe to enable follow me in the app but they allow it through SDK for 3rd party apps!
Seems weird......
I agree - but it also a bit weird that they let it go through beta testing.
Ok - well let us fly our Inspires - practice practice practice - then we have no need for this kind of stuff

Reactions: The Editor
That's a mistake!
Will be taken away shortly....that one slipped through the net since follow me for the Inspire should never be active!
Reported to R&D.
I was sure you was right about this was a mistake - Now I wonder - DJI representative on the official DJI forum have just confirmed the Follow me is available for Inspire 1 with the new FW.

I was sure you was right about this was a mistake - Now I wonder - DJI representative on the official DJI forum have just confirmed the Follow me is available for Inspire 1 with the new FW.
R&D still haven't answered me whether they have changed their minds or it IS in fact a mistake. :)
I have asked them if they have indeed done a 180 on their previous statement what has changed from it being unsafe for an aircraft with a mass of 3kg to have follow me to it is now safe for an aircraft of 3kg to have follow me.

R&D still haven't answered me whether they have changed their minds or it IS in fact a mistake. :)
I have asked them if they have indeed done a 180 on their previous statement what has changed from it being unsafe for an aircraft with a mass of 3kg to have follow me to it is now safe for an aircraft of 3kg to have follow me.
OK we will just see what comes out of this in the end.

Is this just for the Pro?
It is as easy as this:

Insprie 1 + X3 - do not use the FW ( and follow me does not work at the moment )
Inspire 1 + X5 - use the new FW ( and follow me will work )
Inspire Pro - use the new FW ( and follow me will work )

Does any one know if this will work on the basic, none-pro Inspire? I have yet to download it.
Thanks
It is as easy as this:

Insprie 1 + X3 - do not use the FW ( and follow me does not work at the moment )
Inspire 1 + X5 - use the new FW ( and follow me will work )
Inspire Pro - use the new FW ( and follow me will work )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan