Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FOR SALE - INSPIRE 1 + 4 TB47s $3800AUD - Melbourne, Australia

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I am very regrettably selling my Inspire 1 =(

Photos will be put up tonight, as I am at work and not near the Quad.

It has not been flown in the past 3 months due to the extortionate price that CASA is charging people to licence these things for commercial use.

The licencing to perform commercial aerial work in Australia is around $9500AUD (which is f***ing ridiculous).

I originally purchased it as I was under the impression that it was closer to $3500, which would have been bearable (just).

I am also in the process of buying a house, and would like to free up the cash =)

If you were to buy all of this new (not that they are in stock anywhere at the moment), you would be looking at around:
$4500AUD - Inspire 1 w/controller
~$220-225 per TB47
Totalling: $5160-$5175AUD

So I think my asking price of $3,800AUD is quite reasonable.
That's a saving of around $1,400 from new.

My Inspire was purchased in March this year from Rise Above Aerial in NSW, and is a TYPE B, with the camo style carbon weave legs.
It has flown only 100km over 9 hours, and has NEVER been knocked, bumped, scuffed, crash landed etc.
Apart from the slight markings on the bottom of the feet from general landing, it is EXCELLENT.

I have NEVER had a single issue with compass drift, fly-aways or anything like that.

Always had completely faultless flying, and I have all the logs for you to look over.
I have been an incredibly happy owner =)

Comes with:

1 x Inspire 1 Quadcopter (Version B) Excellent condition

4 x TB47 batteries

1 x DJI Original battery chargers

2 x Lipo safe bags

2 x sets of Original Props

6 x prop locks

1 x set QR Props (and 2 extra props they randomly give you)

2 x sets of QR fittings

1 x Original DJI Hard travel case (some slight scuffs from normal outdoor usage)

1 x Fire extinguisher (that fits perfectly in the case =)

All original cables which came with Inspire

Original Manuals

Original ND Filter and clear UV Filter (no scratches)

1 x controller

1 x DJI harness

Original DJI 4k camera/gimbal plastic case

Absolutely amazing bit of kit, and a massive shame to see her go =(

I am very happy to demo, if you would like to come out and have a look (weather permitting of course). But as it is not a cheap bit of equipment, I won't allow potential buyers to control the craft. Unless of course you buy it, then go nuts haha.

I'm happy to give the new buyer some training if they pick up the Inspire from me directly.

I am happy to ship it at the buyers expense, using their choice of courier/postage service.
I would HIGHLY recommend insuring and registering the postage, as any loss during post is the buyers responsibility.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on 0422 232 831 or just PM me.

Thanks everyone =)

-Jimmy

Last edited:
G'day Jimmy,
Sorry to hear your reason for selling.
Have you thought through all your options.
I am in the same position with obtaining CASA's Controllers Certificate.
You first should go for the Operators Certificate as it's half the price.
Also, there are companies here offering Manufactures Training Certificate up to 7kgs for under AU$500
I would make an offer on your kit but I think Sirnikolas will get in first

G'day Jimmy,
Sorry to hear your reason for selling.
Have you thought through all your options.
I am in the same position with obtaining CASA's Controllers Certificate.
You first should go for the Operators Certificate as it's half the price.
Also, there are companies here offering Manufactures Training Certificate up to 7kgs for under AU$500
I would make an offer on your kit but I think Sirnikolas will get in first

Hey Ozziepauly,
Even with the $500AU training cert, how much do you expect the final cost to be?
How much is the going rate to charge for aerial photography/Filming, haha I wouldn't have a clue.
I was all washed up in the excitement of owning on of these badboys that I may not have done all of my homework =S

Here are some pics.
The little red stickers are just reminders to check compass etc. Plus some "If found" ones. They come off very easily. =)
DSC_0162.jpg DSC_0163.jpg DSC_0164.jpg DSC_0165.jpg DSC_0166.jpg

Hey Ozziepauly,
Even with the $500AU training cert, how much do you expect the final cost to be?
How much is the going rate to charge for aerial photography/Filming, haha I wouldn't have a clue.
I was all washed up in the excitement of owning on of these badboys that I may not have done all of my homework =S
Sorry to hear you selling.
I had the same thoughts of setting up as operator.
My wife won't let me buy anything.(yet)
She says it just like a boat, lose money.
In some ways she is right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars