Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

For the guys/girls that fly over water

Reaction score
I'm ordering a few of these... People use the getterback, but for around the same price I don't see how this wouldn't be a far superior product. I am NOT affiliated with this company. I've also heard some of the getterbacks dont ever pop, not trying to bash the product, just informing everyone of one I find superior. (as long as it works like they say). I see no problems with the balloon part, as long as the props are not still spinning. Yeah your bird will probably be in rough conditions, but its better then it sitting on the sandy bottom or pulling it up when its snagged on a log or a pile of rocks. If you go to the site you can watch a video of how it works. Even visible at night.
water buoy.jpg

Waterbuoy - Miniature Floatation Device

Reactions: dankirksey1
I'm ordering a few of these... People use the getterback, but for around the same price I don't see how this wouldn't be a far superior product. I am NOT affiliated with this company. I've also heard some of the getterbacks dont ever pop, not trying to bash the product, just informing everyone of one I find superior. (as long as it works like they say). I see no problems with the balloon part, as long as the props are not still spinning. Yeah your bird will probably be in rough conditions, but its better then it sitting on the sandy bottom or pulling it up when its snagged on a log or a pile of rocks. If you go to the site you can watch a video of how it works. Even visible at night.
View attachment 3688

Have you found a place to purchase one? Every place I look at has shown "Out of Stock", it has been that way for a year and a half. If you find a place that has them please share a link. So for me getterback is my solution.

Have you found a place to purchase one? Every place I look at has shown "Out of Stock", it has been that way for a year and a half. If you find a place that has them please share a link. So for me getterback is my solution.
looking now.....I'll let you know

View attachment 3688

Um, I do fly over water a fair bit... In a lot of those cases, I'd never be able to get to the bouy:)

Reactions: Mike K. and Maz
Um, I do fly over water a fair bit... In a lot of those cases, I'd never be able to get to the bouy:)

Same here, no way of recovering without mounting a full blown Atlantic search and rescue :)
Can anyone tell me what is actually salvageable once the I1 has been sitting in salty water for 30 mins ? (unless its a warranty fix of course)

Not even sorry (or proud), to confess already sunk 2 Dji Pantom 2, into the blue ocean....one on the rim of the ocean, running towards to catch , as slowly approached the water...in a weird RC failure in concomitant with lightbridge. I did rescue one, and manage to get the footage for the show. And FOX SPORT CENTRAL, showed awesome footage of a outrigger 6 man canoe race on open waters, va'a world championship on ester island.
No purpose ... other thanrecover images from the memory card, and avoid pollution of the oceans.
If the AC hits the water with power and any kind of electricity running to the board or motors. Fried.
Salt ruin every single sistem, no way to overcome corrotion or rely to be airborne again in such terms.

Not even sorry (or proud), to confess already sunk 2 Dji Pantom 2, into the blue ocean....one on the rim of the ocean, running towards to catch , as slowly approached the water...in a weird RC failure in concomitant with lightbridge. I did rescue one, and manage to get the footage for the show. And FOX SPORT CENTRAL, showed awesome footage of a outrigger 6 man canoe race on open waters, va'a world championship on ester island.
No purpose ... other thanrecover images from the memory card, and avoid pollution of the oceans.
If the AC hits the water with power and any kind of electricity running to the board or motors. Fried.
Salt ruin every single sistem, no way to overcome corrotion or rely to be airborne again in such terms.
Sorry for your loss. Have you got a new one now?

i hate to be "that guy" guy every time some one posts a new gimmick accessory on here but i guess someone has to do it.

a 1 dollar pool noodle is going to accomplish the same effect this complicated flotation thingy is, keep your i1 from sinking to the bottom. what you want is something that will keep it afloat and save the 600 dollar camera and 200 dollar battery and the sd card with your shots.

all that buoy is going going to do is allow you to retrieve 1 useful part. the air frame, everything else is toast. 2 long *** pool noodles will probably keep everything out of the water if you have a controlled decent.

i hate to be "that guy" guy every time some one posts a new gimmick accessory on here but i guess someone has to do it.

a 1 dollar pool noodle is going to accomplish the same effect this complicated flotation thingy is, keep your i1 from sinking to the bottom. what you want is something that will keep it afloat and save the 600 dollar camera and 200 dollar battery and the sd card with your shots.

all that buoy is going going to do is allow you to retrieve 1 useful part. the air frame, everything else is toast. 2 long *** pool noodles will probably keep everything out of the water if you have a controlled decent.

I grew up flying tons of different rc planes on floats, and with the way that I fly it's too much drag in heavy florida winds...It was the first thing I thought of too...good idea however. I've seen a few on youtube with the "floats" made from swim noodles like you say. a lot of the flying I do is full speed, trying to catch back up with a moving boat.

I grew up flying tons of different rc planes on floats, and with the way that I fly it's too much drag in heavy florida winds...It was the first thing I thought of too...good idea however. I've seen a few on youtube with the "floats" made from swim noodles like you say. a lot of the flying I do is full speed, trying to catch back up with a moving boat.

Did you ever find anyone selling the Buoy gizmo?

Did you ever find anyone selling the Buoy gizmo?
No turns out they're hard to find like you said... My inspire is fully disassembled right now anyways however... Kinda looking for someone with my exact opposite problem... A crashed inspire with good electronics to get flying again. Or snag a used inspire for 2k from b&h and keep this for parts

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

No turns out they're hard to find like you said... My inspire is fully disassembled right now anyways however... Kinda looking for someone with my exact opposite problem... A crashed inspire with good electronics to get flying again. Or snag a used inspire for 2k from b&h and keep this for parts

I do not have an inspire yet. I build my own but can not get the level of photographic quality that the Inspire gets. I can not come to grips with having to send a quad back to the mfg for repairs. Good luck on finding electronics. Sorry for your lose.

Buy a new one from B&H... Good to know you have a factory spec, reliable airframe. You'll need a camera as well though, the 2K price excludes it. Saw one on eBay going for 250 bucks. Said it was in perfect working order

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44