Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK For those renewing their PFAW after August 2016

Reaction score
Just a heads up for you guys renewing your PFAW from now going forward.

Don't forget to update your ops manuals with the new Air Navigation Order CAP393 and link and reference to the new document.
Also, articles 166/7 are no longer relevant/valid and you should refer to 94 and 95 within your manuals.

Similarly, MORS reporting has changed and is no longer submitted via SARG 1601/2/3 which are discontinued and must be submitted online.

I know of at least two cases of rejection by the CAA in renewing PFAW's because these amendments had not been made.

Main difference between commercial operating in UK and NL?
We don't have a The Editor. :cool:

And we fly on the other side of the sky and take roundabouts counter clockwise.

Just a heads up for you guys renewing your PFAW from now going forward.

Don't forget to update your ops manuals with the new Air Navigation Order CAP393 and link and reference to the new document.
Also, articles 166/7 are no longer relevant/valid and you should refer to 94 and 94 within your manuals.

Similarly, MORS reporting has changed and is no longer submitted via SARG 1601/2/3 which are discontinued and must be submitted online.

I know of at least two cases of rejection by the CAA in renewing PFAW's because these amendments had not been made.
good stuff !! Will be renewing mine in the next few weeks. I did notice it a tad odd when I was notifying NATS and when issued with a ATC ENSF they were reffering to Articles 94 and 95

Hi Editor,

Do you know how CAP393 relates to UAV operations? I've looked at it and can find no relevant references?

Hi Editor,

Do you know how CAP393 relates to UAV operations? I've looked at it and can find no relevant references?
Wow - you've read all 408 pages? Now that would send the best of us to sleep. :)

See my comments above - articles 94/95.

They are Chapter 4, pages 48/49 contained in 94 & 95. Under 'Small unmanned aircraft' and 'Small unmanned surveillance aircraft'.

Ha - speed-reader me no! I looked through the general headings - thanks for info

Ha - speed-reader me no! I looked through the general headings - thanks for info
Wow - you've read all 408 pages? Now that would send the best of us to sleep. :)

See my comments above - articles 94/95.

They are Chapter 4, pages 48/49 contained in 94 & 95. Under 'Small unmanned aircraft' and 'Small unmanned surveillance aircraft'.

Hi Editor - have you noticed any changes in the regulations that will affect those of us carrying out commercial work with our UAV's.

I'm thinking particularly of sub 7Kg and can't see any changes myself.

On the CAA website I just cannot find a link anywhere, where one would report on line? Lots of talk of the SARG 1601/2/3 being discontinued but no link or info?
Im currently renewing my PFAW and so need the information..................anyone find it? I am assuming there is a new form that is filled in and possibly emailed or is there actually an online facility?

On the CAA website I just cannot find a link anywhere, where one would report on line? Lots of talk of the SARG 1601/2/3 being discontinued but no link or info?
Im currently renewing my PFAW and so need the information..................anyone find it? I am assuming there is a new form that is filled in and possibly emailed or is there actually an online facility?
Anybody?

Here .... EU Aviation Safety Reporting: Home

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG