Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

For those who have had issues with USB module (or think they might)

Reaction score
Guys,

There have been a lot of reported issues with the USB module going out on the Inspire remote and I cant help but think that some of the problems may have been caused by constant wear and tear on the USB socket itself.

The ones used on the Inspire remote are not the greatest quality and continual plugging and unplugging of a USB lead can not help matters.

I wanted to just share a little tip I have utilised pretty much from day one and I have four remotes and never had an issue with any of them.
I have not seen anyone else using these little USB adapters which totally takes the strain away from the main socket and should the adapter fail it is a 30 second job and a £1.50/$1.00 swap to get up and running again.

USB Adapter

Connected and strain taken off with cable ties

Connected in TX Tray

Ditto

Ready to go flying!!!
(Bottom of thumbnail cut off - but click on the image and you will get the idea :))

Make sure you order a left hand or right hand adapter depending on which way you want the cable to exit.

Hope this helps some of you guys.

Looks just the job. Any chance of a link for where you bought them, please?

Looks just the job. Any chance of a link for where you bought them, please?
Can't actually find the guy I used now (who was based in Nottingham) but these will do the job.
Just pay close attention to which way round you want the cable to exit and the orientation of the USB plug. (I got it the wrong way round first time but only ordered a single one to try it out first)

USB right angle adapter

Reactions: Nigpd
@editor, I get an error message when I click on your photos.

Can I assume your adapter is a left hand adapter?

View attachment 9468
I shall investigate why you can't view the pics.
Yes, mine is a LEFT side right angle USB extension.
It can be confusing but the one in my photos is definitely a LEFT Hand one.

Can't actually find the guy I used now (who was based in Nottingham) but these will do the job.
Just pay close attention to which way round you want the cable to exit and the orientation of the USB plug. (I got it the wrong way round first time but only ordered a single one to try it out first)

USB right angle adapter

Thanks for the info Mr Ed

i solved my Problem,allways no Videosignal(lost),with a small D-Link USB Hub,now it seems to work.
F7603980-01.jpg
Guys,

There have been a lot of reported issues with the USB module going out on the Inspire remote and I cant help but think that some of the problems may have been caused by constant wear and tear on the USB socket itself.

The ones used on the Inspire remote are not the greatest quality and continual plugging and unplugging of a USB lead can not help matters.

I wanted to just share a little tip I have utilised pretty much from day one and I have four remotes and never had an issue with any of them.
I have not seen anyone else using these little USB adapters which totally takes the strain away from the main socket and should the adapter fail it is a 30 second job and a £1.50/$1.00 swap to get up and running again.

USB Adapter

Connected in TX Tray

Ditto

Ready to go flying!!!
(Bottom of thumbnail cut off - but click on the image and you will get the idea :))

Make sure you order a left hand or right hand adapter depending on which way you want the cable to exit.

Guys,

USB Adapter

Connected in TX Tray

Ditto

Ready to go flying!!!

Guys,

USB Adapter

Connected in TX Tray

Ditto

Ready to go flying!!!

So if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I would like you to know I have ordered the parts (bits) to copy your transmitter set-up. The most difficult item to find is a high quality right angle USB extension, so I thought I would share this one with the group. Tripp Lite 10" USB Right Angle Gold Extension Cable USB-A/A. Provantage has them for $3.26 plus shipping http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-ht850ups~7TRPA18N.htm

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell