Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Found a pretty good niche for making some $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We all look for different way to make money with our equipment... I've found that small business promotion on Social Media is working pretty good. The thing I like about it is, for one, they are 15, 30 or 60 second spots... easy to edit down and post. It gives your local businesses a more affordable avenue to market themselves as well as market yourself... Here's a couple of shorts that I charge $295 for 30 sec, $395 for 60 seconds.. It's cheaper than they can have a cable channel produce for them, and they can run it as many times as they want.. I1 and Osmo used.

Reactions: SkipTV
We all look for different way to make money with our equipment... I've found that small business promotion on Social Media is working pretty good. The thing I like about it is, for one, they are 15, 30 or 60 second spots... easy to edit down and post. It gives your local businesses a more affordable avenue to market themselves as well as market yourself... Here's a couple of shorts that I charge $295 for 30 sec, $395 for 60 seconds.. It's cheaper than they can have a cable channel produce for them, and they can run it as many times as they want.. I1 and Osmo used.

I assume you are licensed for commercial work? If not, I wouldn't be putting anything on any media.

Yes,.... see my signature.
Im in Australia so have no idea what 333 means. I also know you are just starting out and cant charge much for your videos but be careful you charge enough to make it pay. I dont know why you don t value the time and money you put into your work. Divide the time you put into this work and you will be working for minimum wage.

Im in Australia so have no idea what 333 means. I also know you are just starting out and cant charge much for your videos but be careful you charge enough to make it pay. I dont know why you don t value the time and money you put into your work. Divide the time you put into this work and you will be working for minimum wage.
333 means I can work commercially... I spent 30 minutes shooting this, and 30 minutes editing.. that's $395 an hour in my book. What do you think would be more reasonable? Minimum wage in the U.S. is $7.25 an hour.

Reactions: MacDyver
333 means I can work commercially... I spent 30 minutes shooting this, and 30 minutes editing.. that's $395 an hour in my book. What do you think would be more reasonable? Minimum wage in the U.S. is $7.25 an hour.
I wish you were here to work for me. Its great if you can drive from your home to a business and set up your drone and Osmo and mic the client up plus plan your shots and scripts and get home in the 30 mins. You must have a fast computer too to be able to transfer the footage for the edit and then do it in 30 mins is outstanding. I guess you are not taking the time you spend to send it to the client for approval and revisions?

Reactions: Apejovic
I wish you were here to work for me. Its great if you can drive from your home to a business and set up your drone and Osmo and mic the client up plus plan your shots and scripts and get home in the 30 mins. You must have a fast computer too to be able to transfer the footage for the edit and then do it in 30 mins is outstanding. I guess you are not taking the time you spend to send it to the client for approval and revisions?
How long does it take to send a link?....and my I1 is aways in the back of my Jeep, with all the equipment, so I can find an interesting shoot on the side of the road, and be in the air in 2 minutes.
I have my client prepare their own script, and I show up, and we go... sometimes I just have my spouse ask a few questions on the spot, and I capture the usable lines and script to my clients liking..and yes, I have a wicked fast Mac Pro. Most people spend too much time analyzing .. just shoot and edit. How much easier does it get?

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
sometimes I just have my spouse ask a few questions on the spot
So now you have a 2nd person you should charge for ;)

I have a wicked fast Mac Pro.
Do you count your mac pro, I1, Osmo, mics and other equipment as well? What it cost you to get licensed? The fact your Inspire could work flawlessly for 200 jobs but could also be a total loss after 3 jobs? Your training/knowledge?

I guess it's great to be able not to care about it and good for the customers who can thus afford it, just sounds very cheap compared to what you could ask for.

Do you count your mac pro, I1, Osmo, mics and other equipment as well? What it cost you to get licensed? The fact your Inspire could work flawlessly for 200 jobs but could also be a total loss after 3 jobs? Your training/knowledge?

I guess it's great to be able not to care about it and good for the customers who can thus afford it, just sounds very cheap compared to what you could ask for.
Yes... I have more than cleared my expenses in earnings by 3 times over now. ... And here in the US, you can deduct those in your tax claims. Maybe these tips don't affect Aussies, but here, it's very beneficial, and very profitable.

How long does it take to send a link?....and my I1 is aways in the back of my Jeep, with all the equipment, so I can find an interesting shoot on the side of the road, and be in the air in 2 minutes.
I have my client prepare their own script, and I show up, and we go... sometimes I just have my spouse ask a few questions on the spot, and I capture the usable lines and script to my clients liking..and yes, I have a wicked fast Mac Pro. Most people spend too much time analyzing .. just shoot and edit. How much easier does it get?
Yes... I have more than cleared my expenses in earnings by 3 times over now. ... And here in the US, you can deduct those in your tax claims. Maybe these tips don't affect Aussies, but here, it's very beneficial, and very profitable.[/QUOTE
Once you get better skills and know how to create a video that will sell the clients services and product, then you will see why we take the time to put a video together. We charge a good rate knowing we will actually make the client money. I don't charge for the job or what i do. I charge for the knowledge and experience I give the client. At this stage you probably are charging enough for what you provide to the client, but most clients I know over the years really want better. They want to make money and my job is to make it for them. That way it costs them nothing. I charge between $2,000 and $4,000 for a video up to 90 secs. That would allow me about 10 hours for the whole project. I have produced over 2000 tv commercials the last 18 years and feel thats reasonable. There wouldn't be many that have worked harder than me to get the skills I needed to do my job.

Yes... I have more than cleared my expenses in earnings by 3 times over now. ... And here in the US, you can deduct those in your tax claims. Maybe these tips don't affect Aussies, but here, it's very beneficial, and very profitable.
Once you get better skills and know how to create a video that will sell the clients services and product, then you will see why we take the time to put a video together. We charge a good rate knowing we will actually make the client money. I don't charge for the job or what i do. I charge for the knowledge and experience I give the client. At this stage you probably are charging enough for what you provide to the client, but most clients I know over the years really want better. They want to make money and my job is to make it for them. That way it costs them nothing. I charge between $2,000 and $4,000 for a video up to 90 secs. That would allow me about 10 hours for the whole project. I have produced over 2000 tv commercials the last 18 years and feel thats reasonable. There wouldn't be many that have worked harder than me to get the skills I needed to do my job.

Bottom line, if you have a sense of satisfaction and can remain solvent continue what you're doing, I personally believe the future of this industry lies with sensor design. Mapping, detection etc.

And you're doing this eight hours a day, five days a week, four weeks a month, twelve months a year? That would be $758,400 a year--congratulations!

I just wanted to share what was working for me. These are not tv commercials, but affordable shorts that small businesses can use on their Social Media. Nothing more... Sorry if I insulted you.

Reactions: EMCSQUAR and marg2

Well, its something I do enjoy doing, and it's not that I don't care. We all live in different demographic areas, and mine is right in the middle of Oil Country.. and we all know what a beating it has taken in the past 14 months. So, this pricing may seem cheap in your area, and yours may seem unreasonably high in mine... Just curious, what do you think its worth?

Reactions: The Shadow
High Every postabout filming or work Deniis wil come out , to the license price etc seen him go around putting op down, guesshis prices are so chesp that the smount of work he has allowed him to fly 12 hr will surfing all post

Reactions: Highrpm955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool