Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FPV Camera app

Reaction score
Just bought the FPV camera app and I can say it is a game changer over both the DJI crap and Auto flight Logic.
You can set waypoints while on the ground say in your living room, set up to 99 WP and also set targets or POI marks and the camera will point to the particular target you choose even around corners.
You can even go from one target to another at different heights and the camera will pan nicely from WP to WP using the targets.
The app is $8.99 but you need Mission Planner for $20.00. To me, well worth the price.
We can now fly the Inspire on courses not even dreamed possible with the DJI or Autoflightlogic apps.

Just bought the FPV camera app and I can say it is a game changer over both the DJI crap and Auto flight Logic.
You can set waypoints while on the ground say in your living room, set up to 99 WP and also set targets or POI marks and the camera will point to the particular target you choose even around corners.
You can even go from one target to another at different heights and the camera will pan nicely from WP to WP using the targets.
The app is $8.99 but you need Mission Planner for $20.00. To me, well worth the price.
We can now fly the Inspire on courses not even dreamed possible with the DJI or Autoflightlogic apps.
A new version of FPV Camera v2.0 is currently under beta testing. What's new in Mission Planner:

• New: Introduce 2 new mission types - Panorama & Pano-WP
• New: Auto-tilt algorithm for smooth tilting upon changing targets in Target-WP mission
• New: Add Camera settings (Auto mode only)
• New: RC C2 button to toggle between FPV & map view
• New: Prompt to confirm Stop mission and Pause/Resume mission
• New: Context sensitive help "?" on each tab
• Fixed: Screen recorder reliability on some devices
• Fixed: Auto Recording couldn't start occasionally
• Fixed: When toggle FPV/map view, map might shift occasionally
• Fixed: Add Action "Stay" would stay 3 seconds

You may join the beta testing at Beta Registration Form.

Reactions: jon b
What exactly makes this app better. Looks like it came out in August vs Autoflight that came out in March. The Autoflight forum post is 65 pages long.

I can barely find any information on this app.

Please enlighten us...

Ben

What exactly makes this app better. Looks like it came out in August vs Autoflight that came out in March. The Autoflight forum post is 65 pages long.

Please enlighten us...

Ben
FPV Camera has been around for quite some time. I started using them back with my first Vision and now with my Inspire 1. They are very proactive and constantly innovating. You should really check them out, great alternative for missions and they also use Google maps and as you might know they are much better then Apple Maps here in Canada.

Reactions: FPV Camera

Please enlighten us...

Ben
Do you mean Autopilot a Logic?

Bought the app a couple weeks ago with mission planner for special price. Tested today with Inspire and seems to work well. Need to try the targeting feature for the camera yet but today flew two waypoint missions and it works as advertised. A bit of getting used to finding everything in the app, as with all. Well worth the price. Looking forward to the improvements which I see are already in the works.

FPV Camera has been around for quite some time. I started using them back with my first Vision and now with my Inspire 1. They are very proactive and constantly innovating. You should really check them out, great alternative for missions and they also use Google maps and as you might know they are much better then Apple Maps here in Canada.

Sounds good. I'll take a look.

EDIT: I took at the website. Looks quite impressive! I watched a few of the videos as well.

Ben

Last edited:
I looked into this after reading this thread 8 hours ago... o_O
Bought the App... after looking though their website... :cool:
Have NOT flown with it yet... ;)
BUT... I am rather impressed so far...:D

I have been using this program for a few months. It's fantastic. Very easy to use and they have just incorporated panorama into the beta version of the new release. It's does everything that I need. Works every time.

Sounds good. I'll take a look.

EDIT: I took at the website. Looks quite impressive! I watched a few of the videos as well.

Ben
Just added a video of new Auto-Tilt algorithm preview HERE to share with you of the upcoming FPV Camera v2.0. We set multiple waypoints with various heights to focus multiple targets flying from 1,2,3,4 then 4,3,2,1 to test the smoothness of new algorithm.

Last edited:
I can't find Mission planner in the App Store. Is it under a different title?

I flew with this a little today... Still learning as I go...
Have next two weeks off work... expect to get more comfortable with it during that time...
Using the Beta version... v2.0 (#3734)
I see a lot of potential in what these folks are working on... :cool:

I recently purchased FPV Camera too. I have to say as a user of DJI Go and Auto Flight Logic, this app is the best. There is nothing better than sitting watching the football game and doing the mission planning. It worked exactly as advertised. I like the log add-on too. Being able to go back and see signal strengths is nice.

I recently purchased FPV Camera too. I have to say as a user of DJI Go and Auto Flight Logic, this app is the best. There is nothing better than sitting watching the football game and doing the mission planning. It worked exactly as advertised. I like the log add-on too. Being able to go back and see signal strengths is nice.
Have you used FPV Camera software with the VR headset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin