Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

fpvlr inspire1 antennas

Tony at FPVLR.com seems rather hush-hush about these new Inspire antennas. They are still in beta testing for the most part. I trust his vast expertise about stuff like this and let's just say you will be VERY pleased with the performance of these little sweeties. ;)

Consider yourself lucky if he installs a set for you in the next few weeks.

Do us a favor and post some videos showing what kind of INSANE range you get with them!

:D

Reactions: turbodronepilot
It's not all about maximum distance. It's about signal quality when there are obstructions in the way -- trees, hills, suburban wifi networks, etc.

I'm very excited that Tony has come out with these. I have his Stage 4 setup for my Phantom 2.
Yeah tony turned my phantom into an i1 as far as long range distance and control goes. He is the antenna man! His antennas are just the best you can have like DJI should have him doing there antenna work. DJI, TONY & APPLE

Hey guys I am going to try to get ahold of him/them first thing in the morning its too cold to fly no better time then now but here is my Q. Will this help at all when around trees ect...

No reason to break the Law guys, keep it within LOS

As of right now, there is no law regulating LOS flight. If you know of one, please state the U.S. code so I can reference it.

As far as what "LOS" actually means, the FAA has not elaborated on that yet. How far can a human see an object with the unaided eye? Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers.

How far can a human see an object with the unaided eye? Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers.
OK, lemme switch your inspire in ATTI and hide the map from you. Now bring it back please.
When you're no more comfortable doing it, that is your LOS limit. Probably about 500m max for a craft the size of an I1.
Don't know if it's the case for the US, but other places state it that way, you must be able to still be safe in manual control.

Reactions: InspiredOne
OK, lemme switch your inspire in ATTI and hide the map from you. Now bring it back please.
When you're no more comfortable doing it, that is your LOS limit. Probably about 500m max for a craft the size of an I1.
Don't know if it's the case for the US, but other places state it that way, you must be able to still be safe in manual control.

Yes that's a nice explanation for LOS, but wont really hold up in a U.S. court of law once the proposed FAA rules about LOS become final.

For example, if I'm operating my UAV at a local park and it's out to 2,000 ft. and I can still see it (barely) and feel like I'm controlling it's heading and speed then I feel good about myself that I'm still operating within LOS. However a cop pulls up and asks me where is my UAV because he can't see it. I tell him "well I can see it" and the cop disagrees and decides to write me a citation violating LOS rule and I must appear in court to plead guilty or not guilty to the charge. Once I get inside the courtroom, who makes the final determination about whether I was operating within LOS? Was I correct or the cop? Because we both can't be right.

Now you see the problems with having an ambigious definition of LOS. Ask 100 people and you get 100 different answers about the same set of facts.

For the benefit of those of us who like Tony's excellent products, maybe we stop the bantering and limit this thread to his product and its efficacy. Improved communication between the RC and Inspire is 100% beneficial under all circumstances, and I'd sure want the improved range in the event of a fly away or other loss of GPS. A flyaway with no communication is bad news.

I would definitely consider his mod and would be grateful for input from those who have it.

I emailed him yesterday and he advised that the mod is not simply an antenna that he can ship. He needs the RC, in his shop, to upgrade the RC.

Guys these are limited in quantities, and we perform the install ourselves as we don't trust other installers with this expensive radio.

Attachments

• InspireOpen.jpg
    InspireOpen.jpg
    876.7 KB · Views: 108
  • inspirefolded.jpg
    inspirefolded.jpg
    1,009 KB · Views: 94
Guys, I would not have develped these antennas if it were not for a rich guy in Taiwan who is a long standing customer, I upgraded 4 of his P2V+ prior to the Inspire. He said money is no object, here's 1K for you to design something specific for this.
Here's a guy who reached 6km with the stock setup and the extended battery (he said he still had 30% left in the tank after that flight) but wanted something more directional since 6km was very hard to achieve with aiming in mind... With these 10km in perfect conditions is possible, but batteries will only allow 7.5-8km tops and then back. We install these ourselves to insure a quality install. I only etched 100pcs for the first batch and they sold out in 24 hours.... ;) getting ready to order a second batch from our trusty Texas based pcb partner.

and yes, this is an expensive hobby, please do not pay for these toys with CC . Anything that flies has a good chance to come down sooner or later, the last thing I'd want to see is a cash strapped student with dad's CC in his pocket getting one of these , then crying for the losses, thinking how many tables he's gonna have to wait on to repay the debt. Pay for these with petty cash.. then you won't regret your purchase.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret