Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Free Osmo FlexiMic

Reaction score
Website
www.loftyvisions.com.au
Hi folks,

Anyone get this email?

Dear Customers,

DJI is pleased to announce that the new Osmo FlexiMic will be made available free of charge for all Osmo owners from January 29th as a sign of our appreciation on the occasion of DJI’s 10th anniversary. This new plug-in microphone will offer Osmo users an even more powerful experience, taking them one step further towards professional-level filmmaking.

There are several ways for Osmo users to get their free FlexiMic. It will also be included together with all new Osmos from Jan. 29.

If you receives an Osmo without a FlexiMic, or if you purchased an Osmo before Jan. 29, we will send you an email in the middle of February with a coupon code which can be redeemed for a FREE FlexiMic at the Official DJI Online Store.

Thank you,
DJI

I've not heard of this mic before but anything free is good :)

Reactions: frasmac
I wonder if it will fit in the existing OSMO case. My Olympus mic fits perfect because of it's size. This mic looks a bit larger and may have to be carried separately unless you have the larger pro case then that's not a problem.

Not a bad idea. It looks like a cheap way to cover over the fact that the designers weren't thinking about the fan and motor noise when advertising that the Osmo would have onboard sound recording capabilities. I'm guessing the capsule itself is the same as in the Osmo, but I'm hoping they give it some sort of cardioid properties.

So, I'm guessing that if you didn't buy your OSMO from DJI directly, but from an authorized retailer, you won't get one?

I bought this foir my OSMO handle - it's excellent and not at all as big as it looks on eBay :) Can't beat free, but for the price it really good and makes the audio crystal clear,

Professional External Wireless Microphone for DJI Osmo Handheld 4K Camera #GB

I think that kind of mic that plugs directly in the current Osmo outlet is not ideal because it's too close from the gimball the back button, it will continue to record extra noise from these 2 pieces.
That's why the Rode mic is better, I think.

Anybody who knows if we who bought our handle kits from a local RC store will get the free mic directly from DJI? I´m not so sure my local RC store will handle out these microphones, and i don't think they will have them as spares, only included inside the OSMO kits?

I guess we are entitled to get the free mic as well because the OSMO handle kits that are sold on the DJI website now has the mic included.

Received this from DJI today, when I required info about my X3 handle:

Dear Peter

We will arrange FlexiMic for our existing Osmo user starting from March 2016 onwards. Please stay tune with our dealer for further details

Best regards.
DJI Sales dept.

If you bought your OSMO handle kit on or after the 29 January it will include the DJI Flex Mic.
If you bought your handle kit before 29 January your seller should automatically send one for you if he is an authorized DJI seller.
If you bought it through the DJI online store they will send you an email with a coupon code to your registered email adress.
If you bought it through a seller that is not an authorized DJI seller then the seller needs to contact DJI to get the flex microphones.

This is what i read on the DJI forums, written by DJI.

I don't know if a handle only purchase will include the flex mic or if it is only the handle kits and the handle kits with the X3?

EDIT: I guess most of this was already written in the first post, i forgot what it said in the earliest posts.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop