Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Freeskies not on App Store?

Reaction score
Today is the launch day for this but it's not on the App Store. Is it under something else or has it been pushed back already?

Looks like another game changer. I'm sure that it will be worth the wait, @FreeSkies Inc. !

Hi guys, we are unfortunately still waiting on final approval from Apple. This should have been finished over the weekend but there has been a large influx of iOS 9 apps applying. We will send out an update once it's live. Thank you for your patience!

It's live now, but be sure to check to see if Apple flyover maps are available in your area yet. Can't believe Tampa doesn't have one. *the only time I ever wished I lived in Miami*

Today is the launch day for this but it's not on the App Store. Is it under something else or has it been pushed back already?

Last edited:
CoPilot Basic is now live on the App Store. Currently compatible with the P3A, P3P, and Inspire 1 (Standard compatibility coming soon) and iOS 9. Apple Maps 3D data is limited, please check your area before purchasing. We love our early adopters so for the month of October CoPilot is 20% off at $39.99.

Thank you for supporting us in this journey and we hope you enjoy CoPilot as much as we have building it! Happy Flying! Subscribers, check your email for full details and find out more at http://freeskies.co/copilot.html!

Hi GWS-66,

While the Apple 3D Maps does give you more control over the video, CoPilot still works in 2D locations. You will still be able to set keyframes in a 2D environment, but will need to launch in Camera Mode to give you full control over the pitch and yaw of your camera during flight.

Beside the 3D functionality, CoPilot makes it simple for the pilot to operate a drone. You can set autonomous paths and check for buildings and terrain before launch. You can be alerted when you attempt to set a path not within FAA guidelines, and you can check local weather before flying.

The focus of CoPilot is to allow you to focus on taking pictures of video, and not piloting. It gives you full creative control over what you're capturing, while CoPilot handles all of the piloting. Hope this answers your question.

Reactions: Ascender
Still a hefty price tag at 40 bucks....
This is not Angry Birds that is going to be purchased by about a billion people, it is very specialized software with a limited market.

If you were buying software for your desktop computer you would likely be starting at a minimum of $40.

Isn't there a 60 meter altitude limit to the Apple 3D maps, which significantly limits the 3D key frame setting and preview capability when using Apple Maps? If any shots are to be taken below 200 feet, you cannot preview them, or set them up as key frames, unless I am missing something...:confused:

Still a hefty price tag at 40 bucks....
It costs $20 just to buy lunch at a cafe. I don't consider $40 at all hefty. With the I1 costing $5k in Australia, the new X5 camera $4k, an app that's under $40 is loose change relative to the expenses in this hobby/business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It costs $20 just to buy lunch at a cafe. I don't consider $40 at all hefty. With the I1 costing $5k in Australia, the new X5 camera $4k, an app that's under $40 is loose change relative to the expenses in this hobby/business.

Indeed! :cool: As long as it works, and doesn't contribute to a crash!:eek:
In the latter case, it's not worth anything, and is a serious liability!
It's not the price, but the risk incurred in flying with a 3rd party app that is the more important issue!

I definitely agree with you on that one. In theory it shouldn't matter what program sends the commands just so long as theyre speaking the same language as the Inspire so to speak, but I can't say it hasn't crossed my mind that I'm sending $5-grand out on trust that ANY app is going to bring it back, and the fact is that I still haven't had the courage to trust that task to any software - not even DJI's.
$40 might be cheap relative to a $5k UAV, but it doesn't mean I'm rich enough to play lightly with a $5k investment either.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela