Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

Reaction score
I will make this a sticky (for now)

Can we please try and keep any bug reports on the latest firmware in one place please?
@Tahoe Ed & @blade strike - guys could you maybe take a look in here from time to time and report true bugs back to DJI? - Thanks

Bug reports only on this thread please pertinent to v1.2.1.0 only.....

OK - First one (that I have discovered anyway)

When you set your auto discharge period on the battery page (Android) the next time you insert a/any battery (or even switch back on after turning off) it has defaulted back to 10 days. This worked correctly previously.

Last edited:
Can we please try and keep any bug reports on the latest firmware in one place please?

Post any bugs pertinent to v1.2.1.0 here.....

OK - First bug. (that I have discovered anyway)

When you set your auto discharge period on the battery page (Android) the next time you insert a/any battery it has defaulted back to 10 days. This worked correctly previously.

Hi, this seemed to happen on iOS a lot on the old update.

Have now moved Pilot App bug reports to the Pilot App Section under thread "Android App updated to v1.0.9

:)

Reactions: Jenn348
I seem to be suffering with my camera horizon not level. I can adjust it in a hover, but when I yaw it seems all off again. I've done a gimbal calibration on the ground and the camera looks perfectly level. I've also got a grey bar in the top left corner of my iPad screen which extends to the middle of the screen. This does not show up on the photos I take, so this could be an app problem?

Don't know if anybody else has reported this anywhere but since my firmware update I am unable to see thumbnail previews of the shots I take. These are all .DNG files. Was able to preview them the day before and not now. Anybody got any ideas. I am running a Mac 27" The first pic is showing the preview in Finder one day.

The second pic is showing my Finder view from the next days flight2015-04-18_00-35-18.jpg

Now from the very next day

2015-04-18_00-37-05.jpg

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks guys

I seem to be suffering with my camera horizon not level. I can adjust it in a hover, but when I yaw it seems all off again. I've done a gimbal calibration on the ground and the camera looks perfectly level. I've also got a grey bar in the top left corner of my iPad screen which extends to the middle of the screen. This does not show up on the photos I take, so this could be an app problem?
Haven't seen any other reports of this so far - In fact roll drift is much improved on the new FW.
Will see if any other reports come in.

Last edited:
Reactions: beatnik
Don't know if anybody else has reported this anywhere but since my firmware update I am unable to see thumbnail previews of the shots I take. These are all .DNG files. Was able to preview them the day before and not now. Anybody got any ideas. I am running a Mac 27" The first pic is showing the preview in Finder one day.

The second pic is showing my Finder view from the next days flightView attachment 1230

Now from the very next day

View attachment 1231

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks guys

Fine here - I would try re-linking that file extension (.dng) with the application you are using to view/edit them in your Mac OS

I think it's to do with the FPV setting, but I'm unable to LOCK the camera, it still moves on the yaw, don't think it done this before. I will go through all the settings, must be user error;). It is 100% rock solid in flight and no video drop , recommend the firmware upgrade to any doubters.

I think it's to do with the FPV setting, but I'm unable to LOCK the camera, it still moves on the yaw, don't think it done this before. I will go through all the settings, must be user error;). It is 100% rock solid in flight and no video drop , recommend the firmware upgrade to any doubters.
Eh??...confused (dot com) here?:confused:
Your first camera icon on the app is 'Follow' - camera will follow the yaw of the aircraft but will remain level.
Second one is FPV - camera will roll with the turns of the aircraft but not stay level.
Third icon is 'Free' - camera will remain locked and level independent of how the aircraft moves (it stays in one place)
Last icon is 'center camera' - this brings the camera back to center position facing forward (but does not reset pitch)
But you probably knew all that anyway!

When it's in the LOCK position the camera still moves about, but not as much, is this correct and it is on the ground with me moving it about, not had a chance to fly anymore today.

I'm not sure if this is related to the firmware or the app (seems more app related)....But I had an issue yesterday (after upgrading and flying for the first time) where the app lost signal, I didn't lose control of the aircraft, the app didn't crash but just experienced a loss of signal (video cut out and displayed "signal disconnect" app was still open though) I've never had this happen prior to upgrading which led me to think it could be fw related, only had it happen once out of the 4 batteries that I ran through it and only lasted 10-15seconds maybe.

Again, could've just been a fluke thing..but thought I would share

I'm not sure if this is related to the firmware or the app (seems more app related)....But I had an issue yesterday (after upgrading and flying for the first time) where the app lost signal, I didn't lose control of the aircraft, the app didn't crash but just experienced a loss of signal (video cut out and displayed "signal disconnect" app was still open though) I've never had this happen prior to upgrading which led me to think it could be fw related, only had it happen once out of the 4 batteries that I ran through it and only lasted 10-15seconds maybe.

Again, could've just been a fluke thing..but thought I would share
iOS or Android?

When it's in the LOCK position the camera still moves about, but not as much, is this correct and it is on the ground with me moving it about, not had a chance to fly anymore today.
Do you mean 'Free mode' or do you mean pressing the icon with the lock symbol on (Which is FPV mode)

I think I'm confusing myself here lol, I will have a look again tomorrow. Sure it's just me, thanks for the help anyway:).

I think I'm confusing myself here lol, I will have a look again tomorrow. Sure it's just me, thanks for the help anyway:).
You're confusing me as well.....:p
No worries..... Come back when you've done some more testing and someone should be able to help.

No never. I never even had the issue when running on my android (galaxy s4)
That's strange - I have just checked over on the other forums and can't see anything similar emerging as a pattern.
I DID have it happen on an Nvidia Shield but that was a known issue on .17 for Android.
If I get any info or fix I will post it here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa