Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

I'm not sure if this is related to the firmware or the app (seems more app related)....But I had an issue yesterday (after upgrading and flying for the first time) where the app lost signal, I didn't lose control of the aircraft, the app didn't crash but just experienced a loss of signal (video cut out and displayed "signal disconnect" app was still open though) I've never had this happen prior to upgrading which led me to think it could be fw related, only had it happen once out of the 4 batteries that I ran through it and only lasted 10-15seconds maybe.

Again, could've just been a fluke thing..but thought I would share

I posted this in another thread.....
I took off, raised the landing gear, when i looked back down at my ipad it was black. I had to reboot the app while bird was in the air. It was accepting control while blacked out and sat very still while i rushed to get the app back on. I put landing gear down and landed, rebooted everything and started over.

I am thinking that maybe I experienced what you did but since I was so close/low that I rushed to restart app instead of waiting

Reactions: zulu
Update on: Inspire 1 Firmware v1.2.1.0

Yesterday: 4/17/15: Flight tested the Inspire 1, two Controllers, 4 battery's and took it out for a two battery flight.

Conclusion: Flawless! This restores my confidence with DJI and makes me feel better on my decision purchasing the Inspire 1 back on November 2014, the Pre order days!

Preliminary feedback fix list here is based on the Initial DJI fixes i see as of yesterday:

1. I see that my IPAD IOS app is showing the Inspire (Red arrow) pointing "correctly" to "magnetic north".
2. No more TBE at all.
3. Very stable (high wind yesterday and it took it nicely) and better all around stick control, look's like they tweaked the RC control stick response curves. Nice!
4. Master RC did NOT loose any video OR telemetry data or connection in flight at 100 FT so far.
> NOTE: Since day one after receiving the inspire 1 in late January 2015, i have NOT taken her over 100 FT up and 100 FT out due to all my testing and observations with the first two firmware and software releases. This new Inspire 1 Firmware v1.2.1.0 is the BEST i have seen so far!
5. After updating to 1.2.1.0 and the Compass and IMU calibration, NO MORE compass errors during flight!
6. Camera functions are all good... Still need to look deeper into the camera features later today..

Bottom line:

It is my recommendation to upgrade ALL your Inspire hardware to this Firmware v1.2.1.0 version, follow the DJI process, be patient and you will have a greater flying experience with the Inspire 1 now.

Will update more on my results later this weekend.

Now hope DJI creates the Ground Station feature and we have it all!

Hope the above helps!

Best regards,
Steve

Reactions: sirnikolas
Very happy with upgrade but since upgrading to v1.2.1 I am unable to set RTH to RC position. I get "Warning Weak RC GPS Signal, cannot acquire location info". Battery full, app IOS 1.0.3, in same open field as before the upgrade. Tried several locations - same problem. Inspire GPS 5 bars and stable i.e. no drop outs. Any ideas?

I will try this today again, i believe i had this same issue yesterday but here is was cloudy and maybe lacking the number of satellites for the Master RC to see.

It's a clear day here today and will try it and update this issue here later today.

Best regards,
Steve

Very happy with upgrade but since upgrading to v1.2.1 I am unable to set RTH to RC position. I get "Warning Weak RC GPS Signal, cannot acquire location info". Battery full, app IOS 1.0.3, in same open field as before the upgrade. Tried several locations - same problem. Inspire GPS 5 bars and stable i.e. no drop outs. Any ideas?
I experience the same issure with DRTH. Same error message, same IOS...

I'm not sure if this is related to the firmware or the app (seems more app related)....But I had an issue yesterday (after upgrading and flying for the first time) where the app lost signal, I didn't lose control of the aircraft, the app didn't crash but just experienced a loss of signal (video cut out and displayed "signal disconnect" app was still open though) I've never had this happen prior to upgrading which led me to think it could be fw related, only had it happen once out of the 4 batteries that I ran through it and only lasted 10-15seconds maybe.

Again, could've just been a fluke thing..but thought I would share

mine also. using iPad air 2. it stops the recording in progress and cancels the flight log

Reactions: Outta Control
OK, in an attempt to tidy this thread up a bit, the reports I am seeing as consistent are:

• Loss of signal/video feed on iOS (do not know whether this is app or FW related - yet!)
  • Battery auto discharge time keeps defaulting back to 10 days
  • Dynamic home point not setting/weak GPS message when attempting to set
  • Slight yaw drift on gimbal (possibly consistently clockwise?)
Did I miss anything?

Bug reports ONLY please, this thread is NOT for if you have had issues installing/upgrading your firmware or you have run out of milk or forgot to get your lottery ticket!

In an effort to keep this thread clean and tidy and on track non firmware bug related posts will be deleted.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbarnesarc
posted once but is not here don't know if it was error or deleted so I will post again! I did firmware update today and now I have a progressive camera yaw movement when I test yaw stick inputs before flight with motors on. Never had this movement on previous firmware

Home point self setting on AC boot up and first GPS lock...
My opinion is Home Point should then reset (rezero) right at lift off...
Watch this video... stare at "distance to homepoint" See it jump to 39+ft as app announces HP set...
33 secs into video
Then it lands about 39ft away later... I think that's related... :rolleyes:
.http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/show-and-tell-video-posted-to-youtube.2361/

Last edited:
Had the same issue as skylabimaging this morning mid flight where I lost video signal on iOS for quite a few secs. Was still in control but it freaked me out for sure.

What iOS device are you using?
Hmmmm..... OK, this seems to be a common problem with iOS and loss of signal/video feed.

@Tahoe Ed or @blade strike is there any feedback on this from DJI?

Thanks.

If you are using a Air 2 do you have hardware decoding on or off? We have been working on some thing with the App. I would say soon.

posted once but is not here don't know if it was error or deleted so I will post again! I did firmware update today and now I have a progressive camera yaw movement when I test yaw stick inputs before flight with motors on. Never had this movement on previous firmware
The Inspire has always done this from the original firmware version, move the yaw stick and the gimbal will move in the same direction by a few degrees. This floats the dead zone around the centre point and aids the gimbals accuracy.
This isn't a bug.

The Inspire has always done this from the original firmware version, move the yaw stick and the gimbal will move in the same direction by a few degrees. This floats the dead zone around the centre point and aids the gimbals accuracy.
This isn't a bug.
It's kinda like HID lights on some cars where they follow the turn. Same concept on the I1. The cam will follow the yaw.

Hi Editor.
I cant see any post here about the problem of the dynamic home point not able to be set to the Rc .
I have done many test today away from any interference...buildings...cell phones etc etc.
1....The home point is set when the Inspire is started...then the home point wanders all around the place...quite some distance from the model.
2....If I move the Inspire to another point say 20 meters away....rest the home point on the Android app ...to the model....it seems to be more accurate.
You need to look carefully at the map screen in the app to see this happen....not just go fly......your home point could be 50 meters away.
3...try now to set the home point to the rc/pilot on the app.....repeated "poor signal errors....nothing around me...removed the tablet off the cradle so the tab is not blocking the gps on the rc transmitter ...still poor signal.
I run all the current updated firmware...installed without any problems...bird...batt's...rc....and Samsung Tab S.
Tech support said move to another location....???? how many times???? it still reports poor signal.
I have refused to put this bird in the air again until it is safe to fly and return to home successfully.
I am open to being told .....I am wrong...if I am actually wrong.
Ed.....I would appreciate your comments.

The home point is set when the crafts motors are armed if the craft has gps lock. What you are seeing bounce around is the TX location and not the crafts HP. This is why you are not able to set HP to the TX location, not a good enough signal. They are still working on this function and they are aware of people getting poor GPS reception even though it should be solid.

Testing out the v1.2.1.0 firmware today for the first time. After a major issue with getting the compass to calibrate, got into the air and flew flawlessly. Rock steady, no GPS drop. Was flying single RC, rotated the camera 360 degrees with the iPad and then hit the FPV lock and the camera went blank, nothing but a white screen. Immediately gained altitude and begin to return home, after about 30 seconds the camera came back on line and I had video feed again. Didn't get any "weak signal" messages at any time, just a white screen and a slight increase in heart rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez