Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FW v1.2.1.0 bug report thread

Just updated the firmware and did a few test flights in the simulator. Have definitely noticed a few changes and bugs:

1. When you start the engines, in some cases (2/3rd of the time for me) the home/take-off point automatically. This is a major concern, really worth checking and manually setting the home point has been set before flying away.

2. If you fly away at a low altitude, the home point sometimes gets automatically updated at some random point far away.

3. Not necessarily a bug, but a change: When you take off manually, the landing gear automatically raises after a few feet.

Battery discharge info is flashing up for me on android.
Battery left in a/c on ground till no power on battery.
Following full re-charge same warning showing.
I ran all 4 of batteries to 0% at the suggestion of others here, and it worked for 3 out of the 4 batteries. I ran the battery that still displayed the error message down to 0% again and let it shut off on it's own. The discharge warning/message then went away. Try running yours down again and see if that fixes it.

3. Not necessarily a bug, but a change: When you take off manually, the landing gear automatically raises after a few feet.

You can change this in settings, I think it's called Self Adaptive Landing Gear but I can't remember exactly what menu it's under. Be aware that turning the auto raise function off will also turn off the legs lowering automatically when you get close to the ground.

Reactions: Moleyb
You can change this in settings, I think it's called Self Adaptive Landing Gear but I can't remember exactly what menu it's under. Be aware that turning the auto raise function off will also turn off the legs lowering automatically when you get close to the ground.

Ok, thanks. Understood.

Is this a bug:- on my c1 button, if I set it to "gimbal/pitch yaw" when I move the camera 90 degrees down and move the camera 180 degrees so its facing to the back of the inspire and press the c1 button the camera spins to the front, which is correct but it is still facing downwards, is this correct? I would have thought it should move up so you could see where it's going. If I've not activated anything then any assistance would be great full.

I have experienced this too, doing some mapping photos so camera was pointing straight down. Tapped C1, camera will move to nose direction, but not set itself back to level!!

I have experienced this too, doing some mapping photos so camera was pointing straight down. Tapped C1, camera will move to nose direction, but not set itself back to level!!

That is the way it is supposed to work. There is an elevation angle display on the right, if you need to reset the elevation.

Reactions: The Editor
That is the way it is supposed to work. There is an elevation angle display on the right, if you need to reset the elevation.

Thanks, I assumed it would reset elevation to 0 too. That's good to know.

I can no longer tap on GPS icon and get the GPS details screen to come up?

I'm using iOS 1.0.3

Also, I get a message saying "warning - home point can not be set" when tapping the Home Point Icon (have not tried RC point). This happens when I have full GPS. It does save the Home Point and a RTH does work however??

I can no longer tap on GPS icon and get the GPS details screen to come up?

I'm using iOS 1.0.3

Also, I get a message saying "warning - home point can not be set" when tapping the Home Point Icon (have not tried RC point). This happens when I have full GPS. It does save the Home Point and a RTH does work however??
The lack of GPS data screen is not a bug.
The dynamic home point weak GPS is being addressed as has been mentioned many, many times before.
If people would just take the time to read threads before jumping in, in many cases issues have already been reported and confirmed they are being looked at/worked on.

Reactions: Eric
The lack of GPS data screen is not a bug.
The dynamic home point weak GPS is being addressed as has been mentioned many, many times before.
If people would just take the time to read threads before jumping in, in many cases issues have already been reported and confirmed they are being looked at/worked on.

Thanks for your reply. I did search for 'GPS screen not showing' and found no threads highlighting this.

Prior to Firmware/App update I could tap of the GPS Icon and get GPS details, even if there were no GPS connections, therefore I assumed it was a recent bug, have they taken the screen off or am I mistaken about it's existence?

I didn't mean to rattle anyone's cage, I've been using forums for decades and know the protocol.

Not sure if this is a bug of the system itself, but since this firmware update my Transcend 32GB SD card is no longer recognized by the Inspire (just says 'SD card not found'). Worked perfectly fine for months before, tried formatting on both PC and Mac to FAT32 without any luck. The standard 16Gb card it came with works fine, although had to format it through the settings screen (top right button) as opposed to the status screen, before the Pilot App would stop saying 'card initializing'. Anyone else experienced similar?

Not sure if this is a bug of the system itself, but since this firmware update my Transcend 32GB SD card is no longer recognized by the Inspire (just says 'SD card not found'). Worked perfectly fine for months before, tried formatting on both PC and Mac to FAT32 without any luck. The standard 16Gb card it came with works fine, although had to format it through the settings screen (top right button) as opposed to the status screen, before the Pilot App would stop saying 'card initializing'. Anyone else experienced similar?

Sounds like a card fault. After update my 32GB cards are working as usual.

Can it be read/used on a PC, or do you get error message from Windows also?

Sounds like a card fault. After update my 32GB cards are working as usual.

Can it be read/used on a PC, or do you get error message from Windows also?

It could be read fine on both PC and Mac, just wouldn't read on the Inspire after the latest update. Tried formatting on both which worked, but still would be read on the Inspire. I eventually fixed the problem, which I have explained in more detail here: http://www.inspirepilots.com/thread...lizing-message-on-the-screen.2481/#post-26761

Not a bug but something that users should be aware of:

Subject: Inspire 1 Quick-Release Propellers Notice

Dear DJI Inspire 1 Customer,

The screws that come with the new 1345S Quick-Release Propellers for your Inspire 1 have been pre-coated with one-time use thread locker.

If you replace the mounting plates and securing springs, or if you remove the screws for any reason, note that that the one-time use thread locker will be used up. Please use any remaining unused pre-coated screws or use your own liquid thread locker to secure the screws in place when re-assembling the mounting plates.

We highly recommend that you only use liquid thread locker that is removable.

Note: Do not put any thread locker on the mounting plates to prevent corrosion and damage.

Thank you,

DJI

Not a bug but something that users should be aware of:

Subject: Inspire 1 Quick-Release Propellers Notice

Dear DJI Inspire 1 Customer,

The screws that come with the new 1345S Quick-Release Propellers for your Inspire 1 have been pre-coated with one-time use thread locker.

If you replace the mounting plates and securing springs, or if you remove the screws for any reason, note that that the one-time use thread locker will be used up. Please use any remaining unused pre-coated screws or use your own liquid thread locker to secure the screws in place when re-assembling the mounting plates.

We highly recommend that you only use liquid thread locker that is removable.

Note: Do not put any thread locker on the mounting plates to prevent corrosion and damage.

Thank you,

DJI
I can now see people putting thread lock on the motors and it getting inside, let's wait and see.....

I've been getting gps lock to my controller, it will only do this when the inspire is running and waiting for take off, I've notice people staying this is not working? I've just read on the Dji forum that the controllers are now shutting down due to this new firmware, mines been fine.

Also I left the firmware on the sd card and it has since reinstalled it twice, log files have confirmed this. I tried it again on the controller but nothing happened. I have since removed the file, just incase this controller shutting down problem is linked to the firmware being left on the sd and it installing mid flight or trying to.

Well after I was told by DJI Service Center in the USA, that it would be 6 weeks until they could troubleshoot and reflash my Inspire after the 1.2.1.0 firmware failed to install correctly, I went and purchased a 2nd Inspire. The 2nd bird came with firmware 16, so I had to try and install the latest firmware again. As I did exactly on my first bird, I followed all the recommended procedures and this time, the firmware completed install with success! At least I have something to fly over the next 6 weeks.
One thing I noticed after installing the 1.2.1.0 firmware on the 2nd bird, is that when flying in forward direction at relatively fast speeds, the altitude begins to drop steadily. This is with my left stick sitting completely at the center and never touching it. It is very consistent and will drop about 10 ft. over the distance of about 50 yards. I keep having to give it throttle up corrections to keep it in level flight. Has anyone else seen this or is it just the natural behavior of the Inspire 1? Everything else seems to be working great with the 2nd bird.

Well after I was told by DJI Service Center in the USA, that it would be 6 weeks until they could troubleshoot and reflash my Inspire after the 1.2.1.0 firmware failed to install correctly, I went and purchased a 2nd Inspire. The 2nd bird came with firmware 16, so I had to try and install the latest firmware again. As I did exactly on my first bird, I followed all the recommended procedures and this time, the firmware completed install with success! At least I have something to fly over the next 6 weeks.
One thing I noticed after installing the 1.2.1.0 firmware on the 2nd bird, is that when flying in forward direction at relatively fast speeds, the altitude begins to drop steadily. This is with my left stick sitting completely at the center and never touching it. It is very consistent and will drop about 10 ft. over the distance of about 50 yards. I keep having to give it throttle up corrections to keep it in level flight. Has anyone else seen this or is it just the natural behavior of the Inspire 1? Everything else seems to be working great with the 2nd bird.

+1

A bit concerning:

Several folks in the FB group are reporting incidents where you lose signal, tablet goes black or reboots by itself and is accompanied by a red light on the radio like the I1 is off.

Several have reported to DJI with logs.

Fyi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah