Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FYI - Inspire Pilots

When I fly, I treat the airspace like I own it, (and even tell others that I do, "it's mine" I say).
But just like waterways, there are rules/rights, and I always know what's happening around me, I always will instantly land if any low flying manned aircraft were around, or any wildlife that could come into contact with my crafts were sighted, but when there is nothing around, I fly wherever the flip I want, and I fly like I own the sky. It's wonderful. You should see me fly, a smile will come across your face! :)

Let us know how it goes when you encounter this guy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439875088.181229.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Let us know how it goes when you encounter this guy.

View attachment 3286

I don't get it, how would he encounter this guy?

It looks like he's going thru booking, so I can't imagine how he'd encounter this guy? Even if he flew his Inspire over the county jail, I doubt he'd encounter him, he's on the inside, not outside. Also I must have missed a post, how does everyone these two guys live in the same county!

Wormwood

I don't get it, how would he encounter this guy?

It looks like he's going thru booking, so I can't imagine how he'd encounter this guy? Even if he flew his Inspire over the county jail, I doubt he'd encounter him, he's on the inside, not outside. Also I must have missed a post, how does everyone these two guys live in the same county!

Wormwood
He's the drone shotgun guy

Reactions: turbodronepilot
For all those over zealous people out there:

Before you decide to shoot that drone out of your backyard, there are a few important things you need to know.

First of all, damaging any flying robot is a federal crime. It doesn’t matter if it’s crashing your pool party or watching you in your skivvies through the skylight in your master bath.

“In my legal opinion,” says Peter Sachs, a Connecticut attorney and publisher of Drone Law Journal, “it is never okay to shoot at a drone, shoot down a drone, or otherwise damage, destroy or disable a drone, or attempt to do so. Doing so is a federal crime.”

Here’s the thing. You might view a drone as many things: Creepy. Loud. Annoying. Scary. A sophisticated robot. A really cool toy. Target practice.

But in the eyes of the law, a drone is a full-fledged aircraft, and deserves the same kind of respect. Here’s what federal law (18 USC § 32) has to say:
lol. I couldnt care less.. If someone flies a drone near enough to my property to film me or my family without my permission, then I will do the same as I would do to anyone with a normal camera filming me. That is anything I can to stop them. (if I care about what they are filming)
It might be a crime to shoot at one, but then again if a football hits it by mistake...........
perhaps I may turn on some device that causes a lot of 2.4ghz noise. A device that I "dont own" and cant be found normally. Plus who would expect a jamming device? They would more than likely assume that the drone suffered a flyaway or from a normal WIFI signal right?

That said, if all I had was a 12 gauge, goodbye drone. Any any moaning little turd that complains about his drone being damaged can come and complain to me directly.

Anything stating that it is a federal crime to shoot one down, is just going to encourage annoying turds with phantoms to piss people off.

lol. I couldnt care less.. If someone flies a drone near enough to my property to film me or my family without my permission, then I will do the same as I would do to anyone with a normal camera filming me. That is anything I can to stop them. (if I care about what they are filming)
It might be a crime to shoot at one, but then again if a football hits it by mistake...........
perhaps I may turn on some device that causes a lot of 2.4ghz noise. A device that I "dont own" and cant be found normally. Plus who would expect a jamming device? They would more than likely assume that the drone suffered a flyaway or from a normal WIFI signal right?

That said, if all I had was a 12 gauge, goodbye drone. Any any moaning little turd that complains about his drone being damaged can come and complain to me directly.

Anything stating that it is a federal crime to shoot one down, is just going to encourage annoying turds with phantoms to piss people off.

Discharging a shotgun into the sky is a felony pretty much everywhere.

But don't worry I'm sure these come in your size

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439994508.732442.jpg

Yes they most likely would. As a helicopter pilot I can assure you that below 400' is not 'your space' or reserved for UAS in any sense. It is your responsibility to avoid manned aircraft at all times. That is why you are required to keep your aircraft in sight at all times. Too many drone pilots incorrectly believe that because the FAA asks them to remain under 400' that this area is now 'our airspace'. It is our responsibility and the responsibility of all pilots to safely navigate and share the NAS. Understand that the manned aircraft you think is encroaching on your play time could be directed to be there for any number of law enforcement or life saving reasons and not necessarily just ENG.
I would always do anything I could to avoid having an incident with a manned machine. I'm quite sure no one would want that to happen.
I really think this kind of mentality should come from both sides though. I mean our RC club has had its paved airstrip in the same place for 20 years yet we are always being flown over by small airplanes and helicopters and then there is a big deal made out of spotting a drone! Who knows if it was a drone,airplane or helicopter but if your going to fly over an RC airfield what do you expect to see!!??
Why wouldn't the air traffic be diverted a little bit as to not fly over us? We are limited to 400' and within line of sight. That is a pretty small area. I would think they would stay far enough away as to not have an incident. All I'm saying is there should be some consideration as to where drones and other rc machines are flown as well.

I think this is more of a grey area. Our quads are not registered with the FAA with call numbers such as seen on the tails of light aircraft. Some make the argument that since they are not so registered they are not in fact full fledged aircraft.
And ultra-light category aircraft that do not have N numbers; are they then not "full fledged aircraft"?

Except when necessary for takeoff or landing, no person may operate an aircraft below the following altitudes:

(a) Anywhere. An altitude allowing, if a power unit fails, an emergency landing without undue hazard to persons or property on the surface.

(b) Over congested areas. Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2,000 feet of the aircraft.

(c) Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

(d) Helicopters. Helicopters may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section if the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface. In addition, each person operating a helicopter shall comply with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the Administrator.

Just for reference, helicopters may operate at any altitude if the operation is conducted without hazard to person or property on the surface.
If you hear a helicopter getting close, please put your quad on the ground.
Experimental category aircraft have different rules than those.

I think this is more of a grey area. Our quads are not registered with the FAA with call numbers such as seen on the tails of light aircraft. Some make the argument that since they are not so registered they are not in fact full fledged aircraft.
My inspire is registered with the FAA. It has a valid N number. Costs 5 bucks,

Discharging a shotgun into the sky is a felony pretty much everywhere.

But don't worry I'm sure these come in your size

View attachment 3298
so you would just let the pilot film your property and family without acting right?
maybe you would be surprised later when your TV gets stolen and the guys knew more about your house than normal crooks would.

so you would just let the pilot film your property and family without acting right?
maybe you would be surprised later when your TV gets stolen and the guys knew more about your house than normal crooks would.

Calling the police, remaining calm and refraining from felony acts that could put you in prison for 10 years would be my recommendation.

Of course your family will hopefully visit you in prison but they'll probably have to sell your TV (and your property) to pay the lawyer.

Reactions: AndyH
Calling the police, remaining calm and refraining from felony acts that could put you in prison for 10 years would be my recommendation.

Of course your family will hopefully visit you in prison but they'll probably have to sell your TV (and your property) to pay the lawyer.

So would you remain calm and call the police if a guy walks onto your property and refuses to leave? I know I wouldn't. And I definitely wouldn't allow a flying lawnmower over my house if there was anything I could do about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters