Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia G'Day from Australia

And I will. There will be times I need to get flight clearance but for other times, I will risk it. If I do any videos that are dangerous or illegal like flying over the San Francisco bridge, Ill upload for you all to see. I was just watching one a few mins ago.

Dennis you seem to be under the impression that this forum promotes unsafe flying. Are you suggesting I or the other mods instantly delete every video posted no matter what country it originates from?
You or I cannot possibly know exactly what rules, laws and regulations exist in every corner of the world. Indeed, some countries do not even have laws or aviation regulations in place appertaining to UAV activities.
You will find that usually unsafe flying is commented on by other members pretty quickly - the one you mention shot in San Francisco is case in point. The following posts condemned the flying as reckless and stupid etc.
I gave you a little 'rest' from the forum but you have returned with the same bitter repetitive attitude that got you a 'holiday' in the first place.
You have had three warnings from different moderators over the months and numerous complaints have been dealt with from different members regarding your content.

Dennis, what I am saying is, it's time to change the record - you are welcome to stay and post questions or offer advice etc but members have had enough about how successful you are (or not), how many TV commercials you shoot a week, how much money you make, how big your.... car is, how you are going to dob everybody in and how all drones will be banned! That tends to be the sum total of your posts on the forum.

It's your call whether you wish to mellow your attitude on here or not and mix up the content a little.

Enough said.

Dennis you seem to be under the impression that this forum promotes unsafe flying. Are you suggesting I or the other mods instantly delete every video posted no matter what country it originates from?
You or I cannot possibly know exactly what rules, laws and regulations exist in every corner of the world. Indeed, some countries do not even have laws or aviation regulations in place appertaining to UAV activities.
You will find that usually unsafe flying is commented on by other members pretty quickly - the one you mention shot in San Francisco is case in point. The following posts condemned the flying as reckless and stupid etc.
I gave you a little 'rest' from the forum but you have returned with the same bitter repetitive attitude that got you a 'holiday' in the first place.
You have had three warnings from different moderators over the months and numerous complaints have been dealt with from different members regarding your content.

Dennis, what I am saying is, it's time to change the record - you are welcome to stay and post questions or offer advice etc but members have had enough about how successful you are (or not), how many TV commercials you shoot a week, how much money you make, how big your.... car is, how you are going to dob everybody in and how all drones will be banned! That tends to be the sum total of your posts on the forum.

It's your call whether you wish to mellow your attitude on here or not and mix up the content a little.

Enough said.
"Are you suggesting I or the other mods instantly delete every video posted no matter what country it originates from?"
Yes.... People get off watching you post their videos. Can you maybe tell me what countries don't have laws and I can tell you that the videos that are posted here do have laws.
I didn't know about you cutting me off from the forum. I just decided not to comment or go online for a while. You mention other members commenting on illegal flying??? Have they been cut off as well?
Anyway, as I said... I don't care about what videos you post now. I regret getting my license. I am better off without it. I will still fly safe but I won't be worried about putting the drone up to get a few minutes for a tv commercial etc. I have learnt a license is not needed.

"Are you suggesting I or the other mods instantly delete every video posted no matter what country it originates from?"
Yes.... People get off watching you post their videos. Can you maybe tell me what countries don't have laws and I can tell you that the videos that are posted here do have laws.
I didn't know about you cutting me off from the forum. I just decided not to comment or go online for a while. You mention other members commenting on illegal flying??? Have they been cut off as well?
Anyway, as I said... I don't care about what videos you post now. I regret getting my license. I am better off without it. I will still fly safe but I won't be worried about putting the drone up to get a few minutes for a tv commercial etc. I have learnt a license is not needed.

Me------->. .

Can someone clarify this one for me..

If you watch this short CASA video on the recreational users page it says you can fly in controlled airspace as long as you stay under 400ft. https://www.casa.gov.au/modelaircraft

But if you fly commercially you can't? Seems a bit silly seeing a commercial operator / licenced operator would be much more educated on all the safety aspects etc.

As Pauline Hanson would say.. "Please Explain"?

I'm with you on that one Jarado.

However as a commercial operator, if you have been granted an exemption, you can operate in a CTA as long as you are more than 3 NM from the movement area of the controlled aerodrome. You need to contact the tower and tell them what you're doing. In my experience, if they are busy, they don't really care, and you get a "thanks for the call, bye now".

More to the point, the CASA pamphlet for new "drone" owners states that you need to fly below 400' in controlled airspace, which implies that you can fly as high as you like (as long as your drone is VLOS) in uncontrolled airspace (class G), and you're flying for pleasure or enjoyment. As a commercial operator, you'll need to apply for an area approval for ops >400' in any airspace. So the more qualified and aware operators are restricted, while hobbyists can fly high and get any with it, and potentially even fly INTO controlled airspace above them and not know it.

My reading of 101 seems to apply more restrictive regs to model aircraft, but most punters won't read part 101 and will exploit the wording of the pamphlet.

Check this out......

Posted a week ago, even shows Sydney Airport about a mile away (0:15), the whole video is within the NFZ and he/she puts their company name all over it. People familiar with Sydney will know Marrickville is directly under the glideslope for one of the runways! Are these people ignorant, stupid or both?

Last edited:
"Let our Team of experienced CASA Certified pilots take you to hard to reach places and unimaginable heights"

Awesome. For all the wrong reasons. Hey CASA, seen this one?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool