Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Geofencing

Reaction score
So I just got my new Inspire V2. I had a Phantom 2+, had an unfortunate water mishap and stayed away for 6-8 months. I got my new drone and it seems awesome. I have done 3 or 4 uneventful intro flights. I live on the water about 3-4 miles as the crow flies from a major airport and directly under one of the runway approaches. When I used to fly my phantom, every time I turned it on it would give me a warning about being in a restricted area. I am not in a 'do not fly' area, but I am altitude limited. It would stop me at 120 feet. If I hit 120 the app would warn me that I am at my maximum altitude. I never violated that and all was well. With my Inspire I have yet to see any warnings when I go to fly, and I zipped up one time quickly above 120 feet, and I also got no warnings. Is there any reason the software doesn't seem to be saying anything to me? I don't want to violate any rules and I am careful, but I always used the software limitations as a guide to any flight restrictions?

Did you have your Phantom assist sofware set at 120ft? My P2+ does not care about no fly zones Irun it on the old firmware. Mine is set at 250ft v and 1200 max distance but on I1 you have to set it in the app itself

No, I know I can set the max height, but whenever it would find satellites, it would warn me I was in a restricted area, and only allowed to go to 120 ft. When I got there it would say "Max Height Allowed" automatically. I never had to inout anything.

No argument there. I was just wondering if there was something I was missing on the DJI Go app

Not really i fly close to a small airport and it does not restric functions on my I1 I do have my max alt set at 200 just in case

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop