Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Germany Germany / Berlin Ops

Reaction score
Does anybody on this forum have insight into the licensing and permission process in Germany?
My girlfriend is a Berliner and we are considering the option of moving back to Berlin. I hold a current PfCO in the UK but have no idea as to what it takes to operate commercially in Germany.
Will my NQE training stand for anything if applying for the German equivalent of a PfCO or will I need to resit exams etc?

Cheers guys,

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Does anybody on this forum have insight into the licensing and permission process in Germany?
My girlfriend is a Berliner and we are considering the option of moving back to Berlin. I hold a current PfCO in the UK but have no idea as to what it takes to operate commercially in Germany.
Will my NQE training stand for anything if applying for the German equivalent of a PfCO or will I need to resit exams etc?

Cheers guys,

Alex

As mentioned here....
UK - Flying in multiple countries on a UK permission ?

PfCO is not recognised in any other country nor do any foreign certifications hold any standing here.
EuroUSC used to pretend that their qualification was recognised elsewhere and 'opened doors' for people wanting to fly abroad but it was utter rubbish and nobody outside the UK accepted EuroUSC piece of paper anymore than any other NQE, (and we all know the fate of EuroUSC now :rolleyes:)
I'm afraid you will need certification in Germany (from scratch)

Excellent. Thanks for that Editor. I wonder if seeking qualification whilst still in the U.K. Is possible. We have addresses etc that we can go through over there so maybe it's a possibility.
My girlfriend is going to shoot of an email to the German equivalent of the CAA to query the process later tonight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour