Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Can Fall Off

I could understand damage to the gimbal plate. It supposedly came off in flight. What's more telling, is what looks like damage on the side of the fuselage.

Look at the top right too. Does it look like the smaller arm is scratched up?? Mine's black in that spot. His looks white.
And wouldn't the whole plate fall off?
Cuz the camera in locked in really good with that turn switch.

Really unfortunate if this is true and really happened.

Last edited:
To clarify and confirm the situation, the plate detached in mid flight, and fell to the ground with the camera and gimbal, so yes there is minor damage to the edge of the camera plate. Landed on a concrete surface (Murphy's Law). No other visible damage to the coptor. Had a couple of slightly bumpy landings on grass, but nothing serious prior. Checked before liftoff of course. When I took the photo I had already pushed one rubber connecter back on, having plugged in the two small leads, so that's why the plate is sitting as it is - wanted to see if I could re-attached, then thought about a photo.

I did an experiment today, leaving the rubber in the warm, they do get quite soft, compared with normal indoors storage. Temps in the mid 30's centigrade in the shade, perhaps higher in the sunshine. Been working with the local reseller, and they have asked me to send the entire unit back to them. so we will see what they say.

The zips are very loose and don't effect the Gimbal. I had the entire thing fly off in a crash and never found it so that it not going to happen again in my world. :)
That's just like my p2v+.. if only I knew to put a zip tie loosely around the gimble/camera mount mine probably wouldn't have flown off after a tree jumped out in front of me.

Has anyone looked at that picture closely there is damage on the side of the plate a lot more has happened here then a hard landing!!!

lol, I totally agree. To create that type of damage there has definatley been a moderate hit or crash. Perhaps only enough to loosen the dampers but it is undoubtedly related. I hope the OP doesn't take rejection badly!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk