Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal cannot recieve Main Controller data

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought the Inspire 1 v2, and although I havent used it in air... after the firmware update I:

Cannot caliberate anymore (compass)
Glimbal cannot recieve Main Controller data
Command times out
The light at the back is going insane

Before this he did caliberate but kept one saying there was an error, IMU error
Was so looking forward to this.. Anyone has any ideas?

Oh one more thing, it says:
Check the 8 pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft. Ensure that none of the pins are loose. If the problem persists, contact DJI Support.

I have no idea where the damping plate is, no idea what that is actually. remember I'm dutch and although my english is pretty good, this is the point where i fail.

Thank you

Hi,

I just bought the Inspire 1 v2, and although I havent used it in air... after the firmware update I:

Cannot caliberate anymore (compass)
Glimbal cannot recieve Main Controller data
Command times out
The light at the back is going insane

Before this he did caliberate but kept one saying there was an error, IMU error
Was so looking forward to this.. Anyone has any ideas?

Oh one more thing, it says:
Check the 8 pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft. Ensure that none of the pins are loose. If the problem persists, contact DJI Support.

I have no idea where the damping plate is, no idea what that is actually. remember I'm dutch and although my english is pretty good, this is the point where i fail.

Thank you
Hi Remko, I'm Dutch as well so if you need pm me in our own kaaskoppentaaltje (cheesehead language).

The damping plate is the plate that the gimbal is attached to. It is the one with the four rubber anti vibration bellows. Check the flat cable that runs from the gimbal plate into the inspire nose. Make sure the connectors are properly seated. Just try to reach with your fingers and press them firmly. That did the trick with my Inspire1.

Perform a IMU calibration from the DJI Go app. Its under the advanced tab in the aircraft settings.
Read about IMU calibration procedures on this forum, a quick search should give you everything you need, but in any case make sure your I1 is completely level (use a waterpas) and the IMU is cold (switch off for half an hour before calibrating), no interfering stuff in the neighbourhood (Magnets, PC's, Speakers, etc).

I would advice you to roll back to firmware 1.8.first!
With 1.9 many people have reported issues with the barometer (bird rises and descends without input).
Would be a shame if your maiden flight would be spoiled by a barometer error.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you

the support actually told me I should return it.. but I really dont wanna, so first trying this firmware.. the installed version was 1.5.80
I am downgrading to that now (I hope)..

I wish the upgrade/downgrade was a bit more clear. I checked the cable and pushed it, but I did not feel any movement.
will keep you posted, thank you for your respons

Hi, thank you

the support actually told me I should return it.. but I really dont wanna, so first trying this firmware.. the installed version was 1.5.80
I am downgrading to that now (I hope)..

I wish the upgrade/downgrade was a bit more clear. I checked the cable and pushed it, but I did not feel any movement.
will keep you posted, thank you for your respons
You're welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters