Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Gimbal Cover Stuck - Bent Connectors

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by RossF, Jan 31, 2015.

1. RossF

Ever since I got the Inspire it was always tricky to get the damn gimbal cover mounted on. It never seemed to fit quite right, theoretically I figured I would slide the gimbal to the unlock position, put the cover on, and then lock it. There is no white line on the cover that tells you what to align it with. My camera cover doesn't really stay snug on the camera either.

I don't love assembling it before every flight so I have been driving around with it fully assembled and the gimbal attached. Last night I decided to disassemble it all the way. Today I was setting it up before a flight and the gimbal cover seemed to be pretty stuck on there. I finally got it off by twisting it kinda hard but now the camera and gimbal don't work at all. I take a look at the gimbal and now it looks like two of the metal prongs are bent. I'm guessing they're not supposed to look like this? The two edge ones on the bottom in the attached image. Now I'm worried I'm going to be without an inspire for 4 weeks all because this plastic piece of crap cover wouldn't come off. UGH!

Attached Files:

2. Tahoe Ed

You can try an realign the pins. If that does not work then it will need a trip back to DJI.

lrwskyfilms likes this.
  3. RossF

I tried to re align pins, the camera is working now and I can take off, however all my IMU values are empty and when I calibrate they are still empty. Maybe there's interference because I'm inside around metal, will have to try outside tomorrow.

4. Tahoe Ed

Try again tomorrow. The issue should be unrelated.

5. lrwskyfilms

I agree it's a bit of a fiddle and it only attaches one way (once it's attached and looks good use a white marker pen so you have the trouble again). You must have really twisted hard to do that, WOW. Send it back IMHO, 4wks is better than a having ongoing feedback problems that could occur.

6. Rig

Rig

Get a white/silver sharpie and mark where that gimbal cap aligns with the white line on the bird. Makes installing it so much easier, just line them up as you do the gimbal.

7. blade strike

Maybe I missing something but both craft and gimbal have this mark. You link up the line in unlock and then lock it down. It's really that simple.

8. Rig

Rig

I think he's having trouble with the plastic cover that covers the pins on the aircraft when not in use.

9. blade strike

Oh I see...Big lip forward, that's how I remember it. But I agree should be a mark on the cover as well.

Rig likes this.
  10. NEJO/Wisconsin

If you flip it upside down and really look at the whole locking mechanism you will see how it works you kinda have to twist it it helped me to understand how to put it on correctly

lrwskyfilms likes this.