Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal pitch readings incorrect

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem before.. I'm using ExifTool to read all the metadata and I've found that my I2 does not read pitch correctly, if at all. Rarely it will, but most of the time it registers at 0.00.

Anyone else?

Thanks.

I don't think that that has ever worked including the Inspire 1. If you upload your flight records to Healthy Drones you can see lots of info.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 2.46.21 PM.png

I don't think that that has ever worked including the Inspire 1. If you upload your flight records to Healthy Drones you can see lots of info.

View attachment 12716

Do you mean ExifTools doesn't read it correctly, or it has never worked for you period?

This is the reading I get most of the time... I've been tinkering with it today and have found it sometimes work if I let the I2 "warm up" for about a minute before taking a picture, and give more than 5 seconds between shots.

Attachments

• thumbnail_Inspire2Image.png
    thumbnail_Inspire2Image.png
    48 KB · Views: 6
It has never worked for me accurately in exifftools or file info in PS CC.

Yeah this is what I just got in PS when I put it at 90:

<drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>+0.00</drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>

If reputable programs are all reading the same data, they are most likely not the issue.... are you saying it works in healthydrones?

I need this to read correctly since I'm feeding it into pix4d. Is this actually a known issue, and if it is, how has it not been addressed/fixed? And you said this happens with the I1 as well?

Yeah this is what I just got in PS when I put it at 90:

<drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>+0.00</drone-dji:GimbalPitchDegree>

If reputable programs are all reading the same data, they are most likely not the issue.... are you saying it works in healthydrones?

I need this to read correctly since I'm feeding it into pix4d. Is this actually a known issue, and if it is, how has it not been addressed/fixed? And you said this happens with the I1 as well?

Yes it works in HD, here is another image, you can sign up for a free account and give it a try.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 3.13.29 PM.png

Reactions: goodbiscuit
Hmm this is what I see when I open healthydrones.. no pitch. Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Healthy.PNG
    Healthy.PNG
    34.7 KB · Views: 6
Yes you are in the sensors menu, go to general, then to photos.
Ah thank you I see now... though it may work in healthydrones, it doesn't work in Pix4d which is the ultimate (and most important) destination.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: SanCap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg