Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal won't initialize

Reaction score
When I turn on my Inspire 1 the gimbal just sits there, no motion; is this normal if the RC isn't connected or is something gone bad (I don't remember but I thought it still initialized)?

How I got here is a story I've read many times. Updated firmware in the RC 1st and before the comments about reading the release notes, I didn't update the RC 1st, the GO app told me I needed an RC update, not an aircraft update and I allowed the GO app to update.

I was successful in downgrading the RC to 1.6 and was able to link the RC and Inspire but I don't get video, only telemetry. When the Inspire is turned on, no gimbal. However the Inspire was in travel mode and not being able to get the RC to take the Inspire out of travel mode I turned the spindle shaft from beneath to take the Inspire out of travel mode (figuring the Inspire had a sensor that would detect it wasn't in travel mode and initialize the camera, it didn't).

DJI support tells me I need to downgrade the RC to 1.5, tried that, it won't take. Tried connecting the GO app and using the long-touch on the hat to downgrade, the app tells me there is no firmware to downgrade.

Never tried taking the Inspire out of travel mode manually I don't know it is would detect that the legs are down or if it keeps some type of internal state but if it can detect then I think the gimbal would initialize.

Sorry, by nit initializing I mean the gimbal acts as if it has no power (which I was told by support is how it behaves if the Inspire thinks it's in travel mode).

I should have mentioned, the update said that it failed so I'm not sure that the original update even worked through the GO app.

Any ideas?

Ken

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry