Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Go back to FW 1.2? :-/

Reaction score
I'm about to become so tired of DJI, I do not know what to do anymore.

When I used FW 1.2, everything worked like clockwork and my INSPIRE 1 flew like a dream.

Updated to FW 1.3 and immediately got problems. Gimbal motor was overloaded .. all the time. So I had a hard time using it out on work.

Updated to FW 1.4 with hopes, and the problems with overloaded gimbal motors, disappeared at the beginning. But it still recurred occasionally..

However, I instead directly got a problem with the batteries, which suddenly showed they had broken cells. 3 batteries out of 5, showed that they had broken cells immediately after the update.
The third battery was okay, when I inserted it and tryed again later on... Have flew with it and theres no problems.

But during my last job I had once again problem with the gimbal motor overloaded. Worse than ever..
I could not raise and lower the camera and it shaking frequently.

Had to land and let it stand for a few seconds, then the message disappeared.
After that I could take off and fly for a while again..
A job that should have been done in 5-6 minutes, took 40 minutes.

The problem started after update 1.3 and have now become worse with 1.4.

Wondering if I can go back to 1.2 and fly like a dream again ...

Most likely your gimbal is just failing/defective and the update only revealed the underlying issue.

Reactions: Scotflieger
However, it feels like a firmware problem .. When these problems occur, just after the updates.

Then it's not just me who has these problems, it is on other platforms as P3 also.

If there was a real problem with the gimbal, I believe that the problems would be more regularly and constantly, than they are now.

An easy way to see if it is FW-related, is if I can go back to FW 1.2, and test ...

Is that possible?

Updates have precisely been known to tighten tolerances on what is considered good or faulty.
You can downgrade (1.2.1.06 is the oldest you can downgrade to), but that is only a partial downgrade. It only downgrades one or 2 central components, not each subsystem. So if the gimbal firmware was changed to report a fault that could still happen.

Maybe I'll try that then, but otherwise I have to send it in to the DJI and buy a new one, to be able to work.
The problem is that people have these errors in both P3 and Inspire, so if I buy a new I1 or P3, it does not guarantee that I will not get the same problem again.

Try removing your gimbal and the two ribbon cables, carefully inspect the cables for lose or damaged pins, replace them if necessary and then re-assemble the gimbal.

Has never crashed, so my gimbal should not be damaged?

Or do you mean that there will be wear on the cables?

Has never crashed, so my gimbal should not be damaged?

Or do you mean that there will be wear on the cables?
I mean you should take a few moments to check them and eliminate those as a possible fault.
Whilst you are checking them, inspect the pins on the gimbal attachment for misalignment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah