Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Going down fast

Ahhh... I see. Really it's the same answer (sort of). It's a case of practice to descend with the trajectory you are after. Even if you looked at heli tutorial stick position videos they would not really translate to a fixed pitch multirotor.

Personally, I would get comfortable flying circles of differing size and tightness - in both directions but at a fixed altitude. Then, when you feel comfortable that you can throw a circe from any orientation just add down left stick into the mix which will then add a third dimension into the movement and you will have a corkscrew descent !:D

OK, thanks! I'll give that a try.

(Charging batteries after this morning's flight.)

OK, thanks! I'll give that a try.

(Charging batteries after this morning's flight.)
Oh... forgot to mention. When you practice those circles they need to be with the nose of the Inspire facing forward all the time and with a little bit of right stick thrown in to give you a compound curve. Practice first just doing a turn with forward left stick, a little yaw and a little left stick to give you a banking style turn.
Then translate that into a full circle so that the Inspire is banking into the middle of your circle as you turn. Then FINALLY put in some left down stick to give you the descent.

...and definitely don't throttle down and right, and fly backwards and left (CSC)
Whirlybird is going back to the docs to get fixed up because of that little faux pas... :oops:

What I like to do is place myself on the screen and pretend I am the touchdown point of a runway. I'll keep a constant rate of descent and stay on course like a precision approach.

What I like to do is place myself on the screen and pretend I am the touchdown point of a runway. I'll keep a constant rate of descent and stay on course like a precision approach.
What?..... and then chop yourself to bits???..... :p:p:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6